Need advice, any advice

Started by NoButYeah, June 27, 2011, 03:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoButYeah

As my username suggests, not sure what to do at the moment...

My team at full strength.

Def - Deledio, Newman, Gibbs, Goddard, Suckling, Broughton, Puopolo /// Jacobs, Coad, Howard
Mid - Murphy, Pendlebury, Thompson, GAJ, Swan, Cross /// Hibberd, Prestia, Mzungu
Ruck - Cox, Sandi* /// Z Smith, Bailey
Fwd - Pav, Fyfe, Sylvia, Goodes, Franklin, JRoo, NRoo /// Darling, I Smith, Harper

4 trades and $105,400 left. Sitting 2nd in league but only 8 points between 2nd and 13th. Pretty tight league... Aiming for league win.

What to do with Sandi though? Was planning on not trading until finals but now he's injured not sure what to do.

Ringo

With 4 trades left I would just sit.  You are well placed in league and can cop a loss and still finish top eight. Provided Smith and Bailey are named this week you have ruck cover. Then it reverts to Smith and Cox and you have the luxury of bringing Sandi into your team for finals if he plays without a trade. You will need to cover Gibbs and Murphy in prelim final so that is why I would sit.

placidlake

your team looks pretty good, i'd really like to give u some advice but with only 4 trades left, the best and smartest thing to do is to save your trades for injuries and injuries only (or lengthy suspensions  :P)

GoldDigger

"any advice"?

OK, don't take any wooden nickels!

NoButYeah

Yeah might just sit it out, playing 3rd this week who's 3rd highest scoring team. I'm the highest in the league, total and the league rounds  ;D If I lose I could mathematically be out of the 8...

Quote from: GoldDigger on June 27, 2011, 04:32:22 PM
"any advice"?

OK, don't take any wooden nickels!

You wouldn't believe how often this happens to me  >:(

Mozza3

Sit tight. With Sandi only gone for 4 weeks ( fingers crossed) you've got the necessary cover for that period.

ajjewell

Quote from: Mozza3 on June 27, 2011, 05:40:08 PM
Sit tight. With Sandi only gone for 4 weeks ( fingers crossed) you've got the necessary cover for that period.
Keep him Sandi could end up being a good pod for finals

NoButYeah

Sandi only 4 weeks, well, guess that solves that problem then. I'll just bench him and hope the backup doesn't get injured.

ajjewell

After this round you only need one of Smith or Bailey to be playing as you will have Cox that should be more than sufficient until Sandi comes back, especially with only having 4 trades left as 2 of those will need to be used for Gibbs and Murphy when the blues have their bye in rd 23

NoButYeah

Have to make it to the prelim first, I'll worry about it then. Hoping for top 4 finish with only 4 trades left though  :-\