defender downgrade

Started by bob321, June 23, 2011, 08:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob321

Looking to offload heppel this week for cash.
Who has more chance of continuing to get games?
Lisle from the hawks or golby from the lions

R.Griffen

don't downgrade Heppell upgrade him

the raven

Quote from: R.Griffen on June 23, 2011, 08:23:42 PM
don't downgrade Heppell upgrade him

I agree, if you got cash then use it to bring in a premium defender, maybe shaw with no more byes.

Talisman

Would've thought with Schoenmakers & Franklin to come back in (+ with Gibson, Hale and Bailey all playing, & Renouf potentially coming back in soon) that Lisle's JS will be very suspect - and with the Hawks challenging for a top 4 spot, it's less likely that they'll be playing too many kids (esp. KPP kids) - they've already got Savage, Shiels, Poupolo, Breust, Suckling, Whitecross & I.Smith.

Golby, on the other hand, is a running defender in a struggling team (the Lions), who must continue to play the kids, & have other running defenders like Adcock & Drummond in & out injured... I'd be suggesting that whilst he might not score a bucket load, that Golby's JS should be pretty could as a d9/d10 - purely for cover if there's a spate of injuries in your defence - and should comfortably be better than Lisle's. IMO.

bob321

Quote from: Talisman on June 23, 2011, 09:09:24 PM
Golby, on the other hand, is a running defender in a struggling team (the Lions), who must continue to play the kids, & have other running defenders like Adcock & Drummond in & out injured... I'd be suggesting that whilst he might not score a bucket load, that Golby's JS should be pretty could as a d9/d10 - purely for cover if there's a spate of injuries in your defence - and should comfortably be better than Lisle's. IMO.

sounds like he might be the better option as yes this will be purely for cover in the future if puop/stanley/jacobs are all not playing/covering outs already. hibberd will replace heppel as my 7th def until after the hawks bye when i will bring in suckling.