ROBERT MURPHY

Started by ronl, June 23, 2009, 07:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

We all know that Robert Murphy is a class act at his best but has been plagued by injurier this year.  He seems to be on the way back.  Is anyone else out there giving him serious consideration for the finals - he's pretty cheap and liable to get cheaper, but he can score big when he's right.
All thoughts welcome.

Blueboys

Won't be in my forward line, better plays to aim for....

freezer

Very cheap option. I can afford more consistent players at the moment and probably wont go with Murphy's. He's $368,000 at the moment with a BE of 125. He will still drop in price so I would wait a week or two before picking him up.

He can be very fragile though...only played two full seasons out of eight.

ronl

thanks freezer, good point about him being fragile, I'd only be taking him on trust.

Hawks_1976

As pointed out, his B/E this week is about 125. So if he hits form his price will still drop slightly or not really move. That would make him a good pick up potentially next week. So I think its best to wait until he hits a decent score before making any decisions on him.

Prospector_1

In DT last year there were injuries and bad form for Murphy (or was it the year before?). Either way, and maybe both, I picked him up in the last part of the year and he delivered. Certainly worth keeping an eye on.