BARLOW?? is he worth it

Started by davssuperstars, June 20, 2011, 09:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davssuperstars

barlows back and he is dominating... deserved more than 99, should i trade him in for cotchin or hodge?

mrpotato

WOuld be thinking of picking him up in two weeks however as he will probably drop a bit. If you were trading on of those then ditch hodge, who with roughy out for the season, hodge will be playing more up in the full foward line. Barlow is a gun, especially as mundy is out. will be trading him in. Clarkson has rocks in his head, hodge is a superstar rover/back flanker. GET HIM OUT OF THE FOWARD LINE! :-\

RiOtChEsS

wouldnt swap him for Hodge or Cotchin also give him 4 or more games that price is set for 115 avg

also would not be surprised to see him get subbed or rested, bound to get some soreness in that leg ;)

Slap

i don't know what everyone is raving about.  And I don't want people telling me how courageous he is.

Sure he came back and I found that amazing considering he had almost a 12 month layoff. 

I can acknowledge that yes, you do need to actually find the ball to get the stats he did.  But the guy was rusty as hell.  He even threw the ball cos he missed it with his hand when he tried to handball - and thats only the beginning of his inefficiency.

I'm not a barlow hater; quite the contrary really.  I was the first to post about his comeback in the WAFL a month or so ago.  But I just find it hard to read that Barlow dominated.  he scored well for his first game back and had a fantastic stat line for someone with a long term layoff, but he didn't dominate.

Sorry for this rant.

hardnut

I agree with the essentials of what Slap said but it does beg the question what will he score when he gets his touch back?? Will be worth the risk after his price cools a little imo if your mids aren't set by then (mine are) or you're hit by an LTI

Holz

dont look at him this year surely there are better players to get in your team i think there are probabaly about 10 players i would rather have and they will cost less than he is. The only time you would ever bring in a guy who has been injured for a year and has just came back if he is going to average 120 for the rest of the season.

maybee look at him next season when freo have their injuries are out of the way and is under 400k.

If Barlow was 350k i would consider him but at his price no way.

RiOtChEsS

2012 under priced radar thats all for me :-X

elephants

Extremely expensive. I am getting on the Rockliffe chug boat instead but if you have the dough he is defs worth it. If he was converting his scoring opportunities he could have easily had 115+ in an 88 point demolition.

Holz

also to get rid of hodge, anything besides pendles, boyd, ablett or swan is a sideways trade. If you dont have those 4 get them if not keep the players you have.

callum111

not worth it mate he will see the vest at some point, but hes a terrific role model for any footballer any human being id say as well

Andrew

Could be my last mid upgrade in DT finals.

Slap

Why would he be?  Sure he can knock out hundreds.

But so can Mitchell (ave.109) at 50k cheaper.

So can Rockliff (ave.101) 90k cheaper

so can Bartel (ave. 91) at 120k cheaper - but will plummet another 30k at least in the coming weeks.

So whether your willing to spend an extra 150k+ to get probably the same average as Bartel - That's if Barlow pumps out consistent 90's and the odd 100. 

I know I wouldn't be.

Ziplock

He's very good. But not THAT good.

consider Scully knocking out back to back 100s his first two weeks- worth consideration, but not anything serious, and he's price like 160k less than barlow.

I like barlow, but not for me. If he can be vested a couple of times this season, I'll lock and load for 2012.

As SLap said, Mitchell is a way better option this season.