Does anyone know how long Adcock is out for???

Started by AlexIsOnFire, June 17, 2011, 08:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexIsOnFire

Cant find any info on how many weeks out....

ronl

Depends on whether or not you can play with a pin in your finger.  Maybe there's a way they can strap it, maybe not.  I'm taking the glass is half empty stance and trading him out today to Enright.  That means he'll probably be back next week.  But even if he is, his role had changed at the Lions in recent weeks which curtailed his higher scoring of earlier in the year.  This is called the  "Curse of Adcock", learn from it, and never select him again.

AlexIsOnFire

I'm thinking he's scores are suffering as a result of the finger, and should this injury be repaired, there is hope he could return to his best.

I'm holding for now to hear more, and if it is a long term injury, then I'll get Heater in 2 weeks.

Andrew

Quote from: ronl on June 17, 2011, 09:22:01 AM
Depends on whether or not you can play with a pin in your finger.  Maybe there's a way they can strap it, maybe not.  I'm taking the glass is half empty stance and trading him out today to Enright.  That means he'll probably be back next week.  But even if he is, his role had changed at the Lions in recent weeks which curtailed his higher scoring of earlier in the year.  This is called the  "Curse of Adcock", learn from it, and never select him again.

He might well be a cursed player but he was still a great pickup this season - if you started with him at $260k. Which to me was always worth the risk and if he's under $300k again next season I'll be more than likely hopping on.

fran

Dunno if you can compare injuries, but grima from kangaroos broke his finger and had surgery missing 1-2 weeks. Might give u an estimate, either way i don't think it will be too long.

Even still while his injury would have had "some" impact on scoring. I don't think it warrented a 50 point swing and i think more of it comes down to role change with the lions injuries

Andrew

I reckon he'll be 4-5 weeks (listed as round 17 on InjuryUpdate.com.au) but it's only 6 matches before the Brisbane bye. At $299k I'm happy holding him as long as he's back after that bye.