Adcock layoff

Started by worldbeater21, June 15, 2011, 03:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

It's more serious than you think.

From what I'm hearing he has had for a few weeks and it wasn't healing.

Bluke

Actually he did Fenno, he could have gone off in the first qtr and played out the game making it worse. Which is similar to the Adcock case, however compound that by two games.

He wont be back in a week. Dont get me wrong I'd be ecstatic if he was, but he wont.

hardnut

Quote from: Windigo on June 15, 2011, 04:58:33 PM
It's more serious than you think.

From what I'm hearing he has had for a few weeks and it wasn't healing.
Sounds less serious then..if it was bad he wouldn't be playing at all and to those calling him soft, the guy was playing AFL with a broken finger for a few weeks - that is NOT soft. Sylvia going off with a cork is soft but not Jet Adcock.

I'm going 3 weeks out but that's just an uneducated guess.

Windigo

I wouldn't be trading until we have a concrete date of return.

3 weeks + will see him gone.

I'll be keeping him this week and getting in GAJ & Shiels/Mitchell

Alka

Quote from: Windigo on June 15, 2011, 05:05:01 PM
I wouldn't be trading until we have a concrete date of return.

3 weeks + will see him gone.

I'll be keeping him this week and getting in GAJ & Shiels/Mitchell

When will we hear something more concrete?

3 weeks + will also see him out for a straight swap to Enright, would like to pull the trigger this week though.

n4cr123

Yea hurry up Brisbane ya douche bags!!

Andrew

Agreed on those pointing out how long you need off after breaking a finger, it could be a long layout. If it's listed as any longer than 7 weeks, I'll be trading. Brisbane have a round 19 bye, which means he shouldn't miss more than 6 matches (I'm only worried about league DT wise). I'm holding Sandi for 6 weeks and thanks to a lack of trades and a decreased value, I am likely to do the same with Adcock (but not Selwood! affects scoring too much & DT finals bye).

BGK

My thoughts were if he has been playing with a broken finger already, it can't be any more painful to play once the screw is in. He will miss some matches but I think Brisbane will rush him back. They lack Alot of quality players.

Galaxy

Regardless of how long it takes for him to heal, he will go back into VFL first up and let us not forget round 19 with the triple bye.

Bluke

JackBeQuick

Quote from: Galaxy on June 16, 2011, 01:25:26 PM
Regardless of how long it takes for him to heal, he will go back into VFL first up and let us not forget round 19 with the triple bye.
Why exactly would he come back through the reserves? He is easlily in the lions best 18. It is a finger injury: he will train but obvious not take part in anything that might exacerbate his finger injury, eg handballing, tackling, etc. He will keep his fitness up.

He had a screw placed to stabilse the fracture. We don't know how bad it is so there is no use in uneducated conjecture. Just wait until the lions announce when the expect him to be back. Surely you have some more important trades to do than Adcock, who is not going to losing any money and I'm sure he will get close to his earlier form when he is back.

Andrew

Quote from: JackBeQuick on June 16, 2011, 03:50:40 PM
Quote from: Galaxy on June 16, 2011, 01:25:26 PM
Why exactly would he come back through the reserves? He is easlily in the lions best 18. It is a finger injury: he will train but obvious not take part in anything that might exacerbate his finger injury, eg handballing, tackling, etc. He will keep his fitness up.

He had a screw placed to stabilse the fracture. We don't know how bad it is so there is no use in uneducated conjecture. Just wait until the lions announce when the expect him to be back. Surely you have some more important trades to do than Adcock, who is not going to losing any money and I'm sure he will get close to his earlier form when he is back.

Yes I agree on all points and regardless the round 19 bye is a non-DT league game, he should return after that. Here's hoping we get his injury timeframe before lockout though?!