Selwood to Scully?

Started by Proudy1032, June 16, 2011, 02:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudy1032

Thoughts? Would free up a lot of cash to maybe upgrade some backman, eg Stanley or even Knights to a premo. Midfield is Shiels, Murphy, Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Selwood.

Andrew

I was close to thinking this was the smart move, but not quite. If Scully was closer to $300k I'd be all over him, but for an extra $105k I'd prefer a bloke who can score 130+, ie. Ablett (or Boyd if you don't have him).

If you're struggling for cash, I think the extra $61k Mitchell is valued at is more worthwhile than Scully. But you've already got Shiels so understandable if you're unwilling to get both.

Proudy1032

I have 57k in the bank, I was definitely thinking of going Selwood to boyd and then have a midfield of

Boyd, Sheils, Bartel, Montagna, Swan, Murphy (Atley, Hibberd, Smith)

Chelskiman

Quote from: Proudy1032 on June 16, 2011, 02:50:05 PM
I have 57k in the bank, I was definitely thinking of going Selwood to boyd and then have a midfield of

That definitely looks stronger than if you had Scully in there.  You really can't go wrong with Boyd, but Scully could be a bit of a roller coaster.

Proudy1032

Petrie, Higgins, Knights, Sylvia, Franklin in forward line ;)

beermee

why not hold off a week and see how barlow performs.... he could be a great unique come finals....

Andrew

Quote from: Proudy1032 on June 16, 2011, 02:50:05 PM

Yeah it's a no brainer for you dude, I've got Boyd and have the big C on him for this week  :D

Scully next year for sure but I'm more interested in a bottomed out Rockliff in 1-2 weeks for a value 6th midfield pickup.

fortynine

Mitchell is the best priced of the lot for all of them...and he's playing the GC

Andrew

Quote from: fortynine on June 16, 2011, 04:28:09 PM
Mitchell is the best priced of the lot for all of them...and he's playing the GC

He cops a bye whereas Ablett doesn't, and I'm thinking Ablett will average 115-120 from here, Mitchell no more than 105.