Technical Glitches

Started by MiGZ, June 11, 2011, 03:24:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiGZ

I didn't mention this earlier when it actually happened because I was lazy, but there have been two instances this year when in DT I have encountered a technical glitch, both were pretty huge deals aswell.

The first was in round 2 when I logged in as usual, then I started looking around for possible trades I could do that week. I usually just press shift and click and open up several windows so I can see all the prices from all positions. But when I clicked open a third window, I was logged into some completely random person's team!! Thats right, i could trade and do everything to this person's team like I would my own, I had complete control. I checked this person's ranking...and saw they were in the 200,000's so it obviously didnt really matter. But imagine if this was a top 100 team!

The second instance was when I was trading and once again i opened up two separate windows, one window with my team and the second i made the trade in. Once i made the trade and then went back to the first window, the trade didnt count (i still had 2 trades left) but the player i traded in was there in my team! And whats more, the money i spent on the trade stayed in my bank, plus the downgrade money i made. When i logged out, and then logged in again later that night though everything was as it should have been, back to normal. Kind of worrying though isnt it?

Ziplock

second one would have been sweet if it'd worked :P

nicksnow

MiGZ

Quote from: nicksnow on June 11, 2011, 03:32:31 PM
get off the drugs

I wouldn't bother writing that much in a post if it wasn't true. VS needs to have a look at things like this.

Ziplock

yeah, nails had a glitch happen to him as well... what happened to him again? Something like all the money in his bank disappeared, and it wouldn't let him trade or something.

Justin Bieber

Yeah Zippy :-\.

Probably send over a message to them and see if they can fix up the problems?

*Peace Out Pplz.

j959

Quote from: Ziplock on June 11, 2011, 03:47:10 PM
yeah, nails had a glitch happen to him as well... what happened to him again? Something like all the money in his bank disappeared, and it wouldn't let him trade or something.
yeah, his money disappeared so the system was telling him that he couldn't trade the player he wanted to get in cos he didn't have enough cash!

he did the downgrade to free up cash and was about to complete his double trade with the upgrade - this was about 5-10mins before lock-out.

he couldn't get around the glitch so someone suggested that he email VS/CD (whoever it is) with what he wanted to do with a timestamp of some sort and apparently they did sort it out for him by the end of the round via his email instructions of what he wanted to do, if not for the glitch.

at least the system worked in fixing the problem for him after the event ...

PowerMan

Fossil11

from now om im opening 5 windows hoping i can trade in chappy, sylvia, scotland, murphy, boyd and mcintosh for free