Is it worth getting Howard for Toy

Started by Memphistopheles, June 10, 2011, 12:09:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memphistopheles

As the topic title says is it worth getting in Howard for Toy who i don't think will play many more games this season - Toy is just  too lightweight, will be a good player in seasons to come though when he bulks up.

And bank the $60K to use on my final upgrades...Foley--->Swan, Knights--->Sylvia and Lower--->Shaw.

If trades weren't an issue would you do it?

If I make the trade I don't have to do any more downgrades to do these last three upgrades, if I don't I have to downgrade one more player (probably Matera--->Callinan) to get the last upgrade.

After these trades I will have six trades left BUT i will have a full premium team plus an extra mpp def (Heppell) and fwd (Sylvia).

The main issue is job security - what do people think Howards JS is compared to other downgrade targets, i.e Callinan and Nicholson?

LF

do it i offloaded toy a few weeks ago to jacobs.toy doesn`t look like getting a game any time soon where as howard looks to have a bit of js.
i`m bringing in howard this week.

Andrew

If trades weren't an issue I probably would do it, I'd probably do alot more trades if they weren't an issue. But they are, and unless you're desperate for DEF cover I wouldn't do Toy -> Howard. Downgrade someone who makes you more cash. I'm confident Toy will get more games and get up to $200k+ but that confidence is starting to decline, no doubt.

Problems

If trades and $$ weren't an issue I wouldn't do it (I'm actually in the same position with Toy but have plenty of cover and cash)

Hoping with Guy's rotational policy he will get a few more games when I actually need it. Who knows if Howard will be playing down the track when you really need him too?  :-\

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on June 10, 2011, 12:13:33 AM
If trades weren't an issue I probably would do it, I'd probably do alot more trades if they weren't an issue. But they are, and unless you're desperate for DEF cover I wouldn't do Toy -> Howard. Downgrade someone who makes you more cash. I'm confident Toy will get more games and get up to $200k+ but that confidence is starting to decline, no doubt.

Ok actually i don't really need the cover unless 2-3's LTI strike so its more about cash.

My final team will be:

Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Rawlings, Shaw, Adcock, Heppell, Hibberd, Howard.

Swan, Boyd, Selwood, M Murphy, Ablett, Mundy, Prestia, Jacobs, Wallis.

Franklin, Chapman, Pavlich, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Petrie, Sylvia, J Riewoldt, Mzungu, Matera.

Andrew

Fair enough - I'd still look at selling someone with greater value. That final team could easily have Toy sitting there also - you should probably save a trade to sell one of Heppell or Hibberd for your DT grand final. Any other cash cows ready for the chop this week?

Memphistopheles

Quote from: Andrew on June 10, 2011, 12:30:14 AM
Fair enough - I'd still look at selling someone with greater value. That final team could easily have Toy sitting there also - you should probably save a trade to sell one of Heppell or Hibberd for your DT grand final. Any other cash cows ready for the chop this week?

Matera is probably the only one, but there are no good forward downgrades.

Rookies i have are Lower, Hibberd, Jacobs, Toy, Wallis, Prestia, Mzungu, Matera.

PowerBug

+1

Red Pig

Quote from: PowerBug on June 10, 2011, 12:58:56 PM
+1
+1

Andrew

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 10, 2011, 12:41:28 PM

Matera is probably the only one, but there are no good forward downgrades.

Rookies i have are Lower, Hibberd, Jacobs, Toy, Wallis, Prestia, Mzungu, Matera.

Maybe Matera -> Callinan or nothing for you this week? You just don't seem to have the trades to go Toy -> Howard. I'm keeping Toy as a possible last downgrade to an 80k player, but only if I'm desperate.

browny_wce

howard or nicolson have better JS??

yorgis