The Chapman, Mr. ROK, Fyfe or Green? (league only)

Started by Possumo, June 09, 2011, 09:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which premium forward should I get?

Chapman
5 (41.7%)
ROK
3 (25%)
Rockliff
3 (25%)
Fyfe
1 (8.3%)
Green
0 (0%)
Someone else?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Possumo

So, I've completed my midfield, and so far my backline with 5 premiums, Heppell and one of Lower/Hibberd/Jacobs is looking okay. However, my forward line is missing a premium or two, and as I have both Didak and Rioli, probably two!

Currently it looks like this: Franklin, Goodes, N. Riewoldt, Rioli, Didak, Darling, Krakouer (Mzungu, Tapscott, Harper)

So, this week my league opponent is not a threat at all, so the trade is not urgent. Next week however I'm playing a pretty decent team, so I'm looking at getting 1 or perhaps even 2 premiums in by next week.

With 165k in the bank and 10 trades left, I'm in a fairly decent position, and I should be able to get the 2 forward premiums I need using only 3 trades.

My question is - Should I trade Harris to Chapman this week before he goes down in price (B/E of 95) and Chappy possibly goes up slightly? (his B/E is 101 according to assistant coach, so he isn't likely to go up by much). I could perhaps wait on Harris, as he i likely to go up in price after falling this week, and trade him for Sylvia in a few weeks time.

However, while my other likely trade targets, Krakouer or Darling are unlikely to move much in price, it is likely that they will still score pretty decently this week, and I am pretty keen to keep either Darling or Krarkouer as bench cover for the rest of the season (Krak with his DPP is likely to be more handy perhaps?).

So, should the Chapman trade be done this week, or should I be looking at the ROK, Fyfe (less keen due to injury/resting concerns), or even Green? Sylvia is almost a certainty in a week or two, so this trade is probably going to be the only spot I have left. In regards to the finals bye with Chappy, I currently only have Selwood, and I will probably have an equal or lesser number of Geelong player's compared to my league opponents come the finals, so it is not a big concern.

Appreciate the help as always guys, cheers.

theswiz

I'm getting chappy this week. But im going for overall.
I know youre reluctant but I'd seriously consider fyfe. He's much more unique and wont hurt you AT ALL because of his league bye.
I know he is an injury and resting concern, but he could be the kid to win you the cup! if not maybe go ROK as he also has a league bye... get the advantage of only have one geelong as many teams including mine rely on them (ranked 832 overall)

PowerBug

Go Rockliff, take the punt. Has a multi-bye too.

Possumo

Quote from: PowerBug on June 09, 2011, 10:08:52 PM
Go Rockliff, take the punt. Has a multi-bye too.

Yeah it's funny but I didn't even think about Rockliff until I made the polll... I was one of the poor bugger's who missed out on him last year, so I've kind of ignored him. He has been scoring well though... and as you say the multi-bye is a big plus...

I'll have to mull over this one... would you get rid of Krak or Harris for him?