Are you thinking of getting Callinan?

Started by Fenno, June 09, 2011, 02:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fenno

I wouldn't be doing it just yet. I am a huge fan of Callinan having lived in Tassie for years and now live in Adelaide have seen allot of him and I know how good he is but they have been saying he will play for 3 weeks now so I wouldn’t be so sure he will play this weekend. He will play a minimum of 3 games in the SANFL before he is considered at AFL level and the Crows have a bye rd16 so I can’t see him playing AFL till atleast rd17 and even still he has to get elevated from the rookie list. I wouldn’t go picking him up just yet because their is a chance he may not even play this year.

Ziplock

aye Fenno, everyone is fully aware of calli's cons. The question is, do his pros outweigh them?
His basement price, he's a dpp fwd/ mid, and frankly, I think there's every possibility he could be injected straight into adelaide, mzungu style.

I'm considering jumping on this week honestly. 

Victorius Secret

i'm going to bring him or i.smith in my team at some stage of the season regardless of whether they play or not purely for the dpp link with a.krakouer and t.mzungu for extra coverage versatility (and of course downgrade money as a bonus)  :)

Fenno

He has many pros I have seen many of his game over my time probably 50 or more so I know he is bloody good. But I don't think the Crows are the kind of side that will just bring a player in from injury. Jacobs was clearly the crows best ruck and he had a little niggle so played 3 games in the SANFL at the start of the season. Callinan has been out all year with a big injury so he will have to go through the SANFL for a few weeks and the Crows have already upgraded 2-3 rookies this year im not sure there is any room for him to be even upgraded yet. I would only get him now if you were only going to use his mpp value if you wanted if to play games sometime soon I wouldn't be getting him just yet.

LF

i did it last week in dt and sc just to free up some cash for upgrades.it has enabled me a straight trade in sc.but i only did it because i'm confident that i have enough cover to do it barring any LTI.

tappy21

yep hes in this week for me. i need to free up some cash and strengthen my mids with both montagna and swan out. at this stage of the year, who cares if he plays? hes not a cash cow. surely hes not in anyones best team, we all have other forward and mid cover so his only use is the dpp. if he plays, its a bonus

PowerBug

Awesome player. I hope he doesn't get upgraded so he can dominate for Central, and we win another flag.

Roasted Rookies

Teams can upgrade a rookie this week correct?

lids-fan

Quote from: Roasted Rookies on June 09, 2011, 10:39:38 AM
Teams can upgrade a rookie this week correct?

I think so, Richmond just upgraded Tom hislop. On Callinan, i think he will be back in a crows jumper earlier but will be a sub. I'm going out to watch Central play this wekk, hopefully he plays

yorgis

has again been touted to play for centrals this week. he was going to play last week but had an infected foot. still a long way away from being on the bubble. in saying that he is cheap and is a very valuable mpp link this time of the year

PowerBug

I really don't want the Crows to upgrade him. He's such a good player and our 5th straight flag looks under threat this year with Westies and Norwood both beating us.