Completing the team

Started by thornz23, June 06, 2011, 02:14:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thornz23

After this week im gna have 9 trades left and zero cash in the bank. I will still have to upgrade a back rookie and knights (probably) I think its gna be worthwhile downgrading sandi to a rookie.. itll free up 300k which will be enough for me to get probably pav and h shaw/suckling/broughton (depending on how his form is). That will leave me with a complete team and 6 trades left.. not ideal but i mean i would just have to hope that i dnt have too many LTI's once knights is out i would really only have chappy n adcock that have injury worries..
I have Smith n bailey and Petrie to cover the second ruck spot with darling to cover the fwds when petrie is taking ruck duties so should have a constant 80 in R2 and F7

Is it worth doing?

tappy21

Hav u got dpp players across all lines. This is handy to cover the 2/3 week injuries

thornz23

yeh i have petrie to cover smith if he cant play and darling to cover petrie when that happens.
jacobs n heppell in the backline who can swap with hibberd in the midfield.
and smith in the mids who can swap with mzungu in the fwd line. also got a lot of prem's with dpp :)

Fenno

Why would you trade Sandi now he is only 2 weeks away and thats a consitent 100 in the rucks rather than 80. So basicly you will trade sandi to gain 20pts down back but when Sandi is back you will be loosing 20pts per game for the last 9 rounds. So basicly your trading for no gain. Seems smart to me

thornz23

what a pointless post fenno... i said it will be to upgrade a back rookie and knights.. therefore i gain 20-30 points in the backline plus 20 points in the fwd line. thats 40-50 points..
atm smith is putting up ton's every game and theres every chance that sandi will miss more than 2 more weeks... even if he is back in 2 weeks i would imagine they will ease him back in a bit. so i would be gaining 40-50 points a week. for a minimum of 2 weeks and if smith keeps this form up, i will be gaining that 40-50 points a week till the end of the season. plus i save another trade and trades are really precious for me atm with so few left... so Fenno, care to reassess without the sarcasm now?

Fenno

ok so your doing a forward upgrade aswell thats 20pts for the backs 20 for the forwards and the -20 for the rucks so your using 3 trades to make 20pts your dreaming if you think your making any more than this. why don't you wait a couple of weeks and when sandi is back trade smith and do the same trades that way its +20 for the backs, +20 for the forwards and having sandi is +20 for the rucks.

thornz23

i think there is a good chance sandi won't be back till after their bye. its not a bad idea but If i do it with smith i dnt think i will have enough money. And why is it -20 in the rucks.. I reckon freo will keep playing griffen for a while when sandi comes back to reduce the time he spends in the ruck and therefore reduce the wear and tear on his body. This is obviously going to reduce his scores..  and Smith has been putting up huge scores lately.. he has an 80 average because his first few scores were a little lower but now that he has found his feet in the afl he has become a reliable 90+ scorer with a lot of ton's recently.

Fenno

If your not going to listen to criticism about your trades why did you post this on the forum? All you wanted to hear was this is a great idea with ideas like this your a chance to win the car. You have clearly already made up your mind and not changing it so basicly it was pointless you making this post. So I will give you what you wanted to hear.

Great trade dude will make your team so much better.

thornz23

having a bad day fenno?
Im having a debate here mate.. i want u to convince me of why its a bad decision and if u cant then i can feel safe doing these trades.. U obviously aren't willing to think about the sandi situation and aren't willing to listen to what i'm saying and change ure approach because of it. thanks for ure invaluable advice..
what was it? sandi will definitely be back in 2 weeks and will definitely score 20 more points every week than smith and theres no point in me trying to keep 1 more trade for LTI's cheers :)

antonc

I think it is a good idea. You have him keeping your bench warm at the moment and with your other 3 rucks averaging 100 or more over last 3 games it's better to put that money to so good use somewhere else.
Just curious which back rookie upgrade were you thinking of and who is your upgrade target for knights?

I also think that sandi will be spending less time in the ruck and prob a bit more time up forward when he comes back and although I can't see in the future big men always need more time to recover and the 2 weeks could turn into 3 or 4 or even after the bye in which case you will be happy you did it.

Ps I don't actually have sandi myself

Fenno

Dude I gave you a reason Sandi will be back in 2 weeks and Griffin won't stay in the side even if somehow he does they won't be easing Sandi back in once he is over his injury he is good to go. Even if Sandi only scores 15 more than smith most forwards will only get you 15 more than knights. I can't see you making much more than 20pts from these trades 30pts max. Your only thinking about these trades in a way that will advantage you. Im thinking about these trades as a person who isn't making them so im just telling you how I see it. I don't care what you do its not my team its yours. I was just tring to help you out but clearly you don't want any.

yorgis

hey thornz, if you are going to do the sandi trade, you would hope that smith can keep his form up or at least does'nt get injured. its a long season for him and i really can't see him lasting it. i know you can grab some cash from sandi and do your upgrades, so i guess, in a way, its the only way to go if it means finishing your team. you would'nt want it to go haywire having only 6 trades left. if it's any consolation i'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Stocutz

i have to agree with Fenno here wasted trade.

talk of Sandi taking longer is rubbish, and only used by those to justify trading sandi out.
assuming u have cox as well in the ruck trade out smith after rd 16.

if u had say 13+trades maybe but with only 9 left i'd say no. LTI could really cripple

just my 2 cents

thatguy

Quote from: Stocutz on June 06, 2011, 03:54:23 PM
i have to agree with Fenno here wasted trade.

talk of Sandi taking longer is rubbish, and only used by those to justify trading sandi out.
assuming u have cox as well in the ruck trade out smith after rd 16.

if u had say 13+trades maybe but with only 9 left i'd say no. LTI could really cripple

just my 2 cents

i reckon 8 trades come finals time will be minimum required and there is still a long way to go before finals. injuries will happen.

thornz23

ok thanks every1 including Fenno. like I said Fenno I like to put my idea out there and if some1 can convince me it's bad then cool i won't do it. u guys have made me think that I probly dnt have enough trades left to be picking up 30 points or so for 3 trades. I'm gna sit on my team till sandis back and then reassess. lower n knights r doing well enough ATM probly neway. cheers guys