Christian Howard

Started by FLOPITOUT1, June 01, 2011, 05:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

someguy

Quote from: no stranger to danger on June 06, 2011, 01:25:51 PM
of all the downgrade options for defenders, Howard seems to have the best JS. not that it is high but compared to simpkin from st.kilda (lyon has no faith in his youngsters), z.Touy (irish) from carlton..still learning the game and alex browne (xavior boy..still stuck in school boy footy) from essendon.
Plus doggys are in a massive slump so eade has no reason not to try some of his younger players.

Pretty much summed up my thoughts on those players. I actually coached Browne at Xavier - surprised to see him get a game this year, but didnt look completely out of place

Quote from: Weagle on June 06, 2011, 01:26:23 PM
Howard looked ok, hard to judge in a smashing by the Cats.

Daniel Nicholson from the demons (Def/Mid) looked good as well after coming on for sylvia in Q2

Nicholson is someone else who I am considering. But with Tapscott and Bartram to return in a couple of weeks not sure if he'll be able to hold his spot in the team.

LaHug

I'm a coin flip between Nicholson and Howard. Which one...?

someguy

Quote from: LaHug on June 06, 2011, 01:40:42 PM
I'm a coin flip between Nicholson and Howard. Which one...?

+1

nas

Howard on the bubble this week La

someguy

LaHug

nas

Missed that ah well coin toss

FLOPITOUT1

no stranger to danger

Quote from: FLOPITOUT1 on June 06, 2011, 02:25:30 PM
Howard for me  :)
+1
nicholson been sub two weeks in a row..scored alright once he's come on and is MMP but with players coming back from injury for the dees the recent good form of pickles evans and howe, he'll be the most likely to be dropped/lower JS

PowerBug

FLOPITOUT1

He has played 2 games now, bug  ;)

me

will be getting this guy in for stanley, and swapping matera to brennan or someone with a bit of x-factor

can't wait to get rid of matera, team will look a thousand times better without him!

Nails

Nicholson whilst expensive (in comparison to Howard) he has the advantage that if he does get dropped you can still MPP him around your mids and backs... with Hibberd and Jacobs in my mids, it should help in doughnut avoidance.

Whereas if Howard gets dropped, you're stuck with him in the backs.

me

don't think they'll drop howard

their season is almost, if not, gone, no point not playing him, pretty sure he was their first choice draft pick a year or 2 back?