Dawes to Jippett?

Started by LaHug, June 05, 2011, 05:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Was thinking about doing this to free up some much needed cash and to get Petrie into the forwards. Zac Smith is wasting away on my bench and is scoring more than Dawes. Moving Petrie to the forwards after this trade would give me more points and cash!
I'll give Dawes one more week, but if he still doesn't score well against the Dees, should I oust him before the bye?

EDIT: Actually, 84 this week wasn't bad. Looks like a case of the wait&sees is needed!

jvalles

Lobbe instead of Jippet, Lobbe will play at some stage and is only 10k more.

Slap

Lobbe is a better option.

Not a bad strategy.  Although Dawes just needs to take the 10 marks he drops each week and his scores will be 100+

Im gonna cry the day he does take all his marking opportunities.  I can't wait for that day.

LaHug

I don't care if he plays or not though. Will be sitting on my bench doing nothing...

jvalles

Quote from: LaHug on June 05, 2011, 07:23:56 PM
I don't care if he plays or not though. Will be sitting on my bench doing nothing...

Dump him for Lobbe then.  I dropped Darling this week for Lobbe allowing Smith not to be wasted on the ruck bench.  Saved my ass with Buddy & Chappy out, winning all my leagues and rocking it in the eliminator!

Andrew

Quote from: jvalles on June 05, 2011, 07:26:31 PM

Dump him for Lobbe then.  I dropped Darling this week for Lobbe allowing Smith not to be wasted on the ruck bench.  Saved my ass with Buddy & Chappy out, winning all my leagues and rocking it in the eliminator!

Good play! I think Dawes showed signs he was on the improve this weekend, and not before long either because another sub-70 score and he was gone for me. Now he plays Melbourne before Collingwood's last bye... hoping he can score big in that and carry it on in the 2nd half of the season. I'll always wish I didn't grab him after 2 rounds but I'll keep the faith for another fortnight at least.

Possumo

But that means you simply had Petrie instead of Darling in the forwards (which only netted you 23 points), how did that move save your arse? Don't get me wrong though the trade was pretty good, as Petrie will undoubtedly score more than Darling, and you freed up plenty of cash. Why did you have Petrie stuck in the rucks for so long anyway?

LaHug

Not Dawes... I'm saying whoever I bring in will be sitting on my bench in the rucks. So why bother getting Lobbe when Tippett opens up more cash?

elephants

I have Jippet you should get him too. Opens up more $$ than lobbe with the same mpp.