Brisbane's Gun Defender.

Started by TMurphBROWNLOW, June 04, 2011, 11:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wes Mantooth

So he's played a stopping role the last two weeks.
I don't think it will continue, he has a history when fit of playing the running back role and I can't see that changing.

Vossy, you are a crap coach mate.

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: nicksnow on June 05, 2011, 01:59:28 AM
hes a spud, i didnt get sucked in and now i am reaping the rewards. calling him a gun defender is a disgrace
:o reaping what exactly ???

Quote from: Johnboy on June 04, 2011, 11:46:08 PM
He isnt a premium. You got him for 260k.
u guys r flowering kidding urselves... seriously claiming he isnt premium or a gun defender is well...  ;D

the guy is ranked 5th for average and 4th in total pts as a defender and thats with Scott Stevens above him with a one game average...

nicksnow and johnboy unless ur filling ur backs with players idk about im going to assume u both failed mathematics...

chatters24

I don't personally have adcock, but to those who do you would be crazy if you traded him. If you traded ever defender after a couple of average games you would no longer have your starting premium defenders in your team bc they all do it at some stage. The backs are the most unreliable position in dt. Enriches been through it, shaw goes through it a fair bit, as has Gibbs. A a defender their primary role is to defend obviously. Some games they experience the luxury where they have basically no accountability due to match ups and therefore can run off half back much like another midfielder. However, on some occasions they are needed to play a defensive role for te team, like adcock has been over the last two weeks.

Forget about adcock. Worry about upgrading lower, duigan, puopolo (when ready), Hibberd etc bc these guys won't avg what adcock will for the remainder.

TMurphBROWNLOW

FLOPITOUT1

Windigo

He has given you some great scores and yet people are still whinging.

I'm keeping him and I don't care what any of else does.

PowerBug

Quote from: Marcz on June 05, 2011, 04:27:45 AM
u guys r flowering kidding urselves... seriously claiming he isnt premium or a gun defender is well...  ;D

the guy is ranked 5th for average and 4th in total pts as a defender and thats with Scott Stevens above him with a one game average...

nicksnow and johnboy unless ur filling ur backs with players idk about im going to assume u both failed mathematics...

Totally agree. Unfortunately i got him at 290k after his first big jump, but he has been a great pick up.

For those that got him early, how much money has he lost you, $0. No-one is complaining about Swan losing money or scoring badly, so lay off him coz he's a great DT'er.

Johnboy

haha, im just joking guys. Ill be all over him next week if he plays well for 320k.

Slap

I traded him in two weeks ago...  He was averaging 100.  He has given me an average of 52.  SERIOUSLY!!

I figure him playing 9 rounds of 100+ foootball would qualify him enough.. But NO, I killed him.  I mean seriously, this is BS.  I would have been better playing my rookies than my star recruit the last two rounds. 

fmdt.

(I'll be sticking by him until the end of season btw).