Big C for Cox :)

Started by dale93, June 02, 2011, 11:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

plugz19

Quote from: Slap on June 02, 2011, 12:45:55 PM
i want to do this, but will wce let Nic Nat have more of a run in thr ruck with Smith?  If so, will cox hit the 120+ everyone is hoping for.?
wow, didnt actually cross my mind
cox may spend a little more time resting forward?
dont think he will play many less minutes though

Ziplock

resting fwd against the suns though could be a good thing :P

Memphistopheles

Sorry not for me, as i have Selwood.

Players playing Gold Coast is starting to become somewhat of a tricky proposition for captains as - if you are a good side (i.e. top eight) the game against GC is a good chance to rest a few stars/tell them to take it easy a bit.

They give away a lot of tons, but only a couple of big tons each week.

In terms of a captain you need to look for that selfish forward who will rack up the points and goals and maybe play a bit in the mid (ok so Chapman was a good guess for last round).

It's a matter of picking that big performance - personally i think this round LeCras could reach 10 goals again, or Kennedy could kick another bag. I think Cox will ton it up, but only around 110, while your captain you would hope would get 120+

For example Reimers or Steve Johnson. Garlett for Carlton also got 5 goals in round 2, Higgins racked it up in round 3, Sylvia dominated round 4, Motlop got 4 goals in round 5, Reimers round 6, McGrath 6 goals in round 7, Dangerfield round 8, Stevie J round 10.

Slap

Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 02:10:45 PM

Players playing Gold Coast is starting to become somewhat of a tricky proposition for captains as - if you are a good side (i.e. top eight) the game against GC is a good chance to rest a few stars/tell them to take it easy a bit.

In terms of a captain you need to look for that selfish forward who will rack up the points and goals and maybe play a bit in the mid (ok so Chapman was a good guess for last round).

It's a matter of picking that big performance - personally i think this round LeCras could reach 10 goals again, or Kennedy could kick another bag. I think Cox will ton it up, but only around 110, while your captain you would hope would get 120+

For example Reimers or Steve Johnson. Garlett for Carlton also got 5 goals in round 2, Higgins racked it up in round 3, Sylvia dominated round 4, Motlop got 4 goals in round 5, Reimers round 6, McGrath 6 goals in round 7, Dangerfield round 8, Stevie J round 10.

that was my train of thought.  But, i think Rucks have been a generally different category.  Subpar rucks have been scoring well.  Cox should run circles are Smith.  He won't know what 'being accountable' is until after this weekend.  Cox will find that much free space and probably kick one or two goals.  Didn't vardy get 70 odd points.. and he is crap.  Luenberger got 52 hitouts..  Cox beats leunberger.  Hard to see Cox not getting 50 points alone just from hitouts.  ten marks and kicks, is another 70 points.  Thats 120 already, plus goals if he gets them, tackles, Frees For (and against) etc..

I think he is a steady pick.

BillMurray

Cox is locked in for me!  8) Averaging like 121 at home and they'll be hungry to punish the GC boys beyond repair...

BillMurray

Quote from: Slap on June 02, 2011, 02:30:22 PM
Quote from: Memphistopheles on June 02, 2011, 02:10:45 PM

that was my train of thought.  But, i think Rucks have been a generally different category.  Subpar rucks have been scoring well.  Cox should run circles are Smith.  He won't know what 'being accountable' is until after this weekend.  Cox will find that much free space and probably kick one or two goals.  Didn't vardy get 70 odd points.. and he is crap.  Luenberger got 52 hitouts..  Cox beats leunberger.  Hard to see Cox not getting 50 points alone just from hitouts.  ten marks and kicks, is another 70 points.  Thats 120 already, plus goals if he gets them, tackles, Frees For (and against) etc..

I think he is a steady pick.

+ 1 Slap. Exactly my thinking.

Chelskiman

Quote from: joshas182 on June 02, 2011, 12:24:01 PM
I'm going S.Thompson this week for C against North. Cox as VC
Wise?

Gone Thompson as well.  Boyd for VC at the moment, but seeing as I'll likley be bringing in Pendles I'll go him for VC.

BillMurray

Quote from: Chelskiman on June 02, 2011, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: joshas182 on June 02, 2011, 12:24:01 PM
I'm going S.Thompson this week for C against North. Cox as VC
Wise?

Gone Thompson as well.  Boyd for VC at the moment, but seeing as I'll likley be bringing in Pendles I'll go him for VC.

Pretty sure the Roos are Thompson's least or second least favourite team to play in DT. I would seriously advise not putting him C this week esp since the Kangas do have a number of run with players that could shut him or at least prevent him from a 110 + score.

Ziplock

actually, they're in his top 8 teams to play, even including his GC average :)

BillMurray

think I must have got Melb and North Melb averages mixed up. It's Melbourne that he doesn't like playing, oops  :P

Still think there's better/safer captain options this week tho...

Ziplock

that's a fair enough call, although thompson is having a pretty sweet year, and to be fair I think he's going to dominate north to a ridiculous level. That being said, I'll still probably captain cox.

slippery gypsy

ablett for cap, could explode in his 200th.

elephants

Quote from: slippery gypsy on June 02, 2011, 03:28:58 PM
ablett for cap, could explode in his 200th.
Not with A. Selwood dragging him down all day surely?