Started by someguy, May 30, 2011, 01:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you pick?

Mitchell
Hodge
Neither

someguy

Hodge:

• Hampered by his achilles/lack of preseason at the start of the year, but appears to have overcome that now
  • In great form having scored 132, 103, and 154 the past 3 weeks
  • Is 17K more than Mitchell
  • Is likely to get tagged, but probably handles it better than Mitchell
  • Will he be able to maintain his form and warrant a place as a top 6 mid (i.e. average 105+ for the remainder of the season)? Is he completely over his achilles injury?

Mitchell:

• Started the year on fire, but has since dropped off
  • Struggles massively with tags. Scored 61 against the saints, 79 against the swans, and scored 10 points in the second half against the dogs when Cross moved onto him
  • Is 17K cheaper than Hodge
  • Hodges form means he might draw the no.1 tag freeing up Mitchell

Are either of these two top 6 mids? Who will average higher for the remainder of the season? Who would you pick out of the two?

lukedogg17

hodge for me, looks to be back from any injury/niggle he carried at the beginning of the season. wins hard ball, tackles and picks up the cheapies in defense that all dt'ers love

Mr.Craig

Hawthorn fan and Mitchell owner...

I agree with the points you've made. If you had to choose between the 2 I would be tempted to go Hodge. To answer your question about if he can maintain his form, he can't keep going at the level he's been at in the last few weeks but he can maintain his current ave. of 94 or lift it to 100 or so. This will not put him in the top 6 mids though. Looks like Mitch's ave. might decline to the high 90's if his recent form holds. I think the top 6 mids will be Pendles, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Murphy and Judd.

someguy

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 30, 2011, 02:01:37 AM
Hawthorn fan and Mitchell owner...

I agree with the points you've made. If you had to choose between the 2 I would be tempted to go Hodge. To answer your question about if he can maintain his form, he can't keep going at the level he's been at in the last few weeks but he can maintain his current ave. of 94 or lift it to 100 or so. This will not put him in the top 6 mids though. Looks like Mitch's ave. might decline to the high 90's if his recent form holds. I think the top 6 mids will be Pendles, Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Murphy and Judd.

I agree with you about the top 6 mids, but I'm more focused on league than overall so that rules out Murphy and Judd as they have the bye round 23. I think it will therefore come down to Mitchell, Hodge, Mundy, Montagna, Thompson, Bartel or Ablett to fill my 5th and 6th mid spots. Each of those players have question marks over them though!

someguy

I've seen a few Hodge and Mitchell posts so decided to bump this back up. Hopefully get a bit more of a response.

chaosAD

Can u post your mids ?
I reckon one of these blokes would be ok for your last Mid spot!

someguy

Quote from: chaosAD on May 31, 2011, 10:36:19 AM
Can u post your mids ?
I reckon one of these blokes would be ok for your last Mid spot!

My mids are: Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Chapman, Krakouer, Harris, (Bewick, Iles, Jacobs/Heppell)

My forwards are: Sylvia, Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Riewoldt, Higgins, Knights (Prestia, Matera, Richardson)

My plan is to eventually trade out Knights once his form drops off or when I'm ready to make my final mid upgrade (or I get a LTI), and then move Chapman to the forwardline. I've pencilled in Pendles to come in after rnd 13, but I can't make up my mid about the two next best mids:

• Don't want to go any essendon or carlton players as league is my focus so that rules out watson, murphy, etc.
  • I'm not completely sold on Thompson or Mundy, as I'm not entirely certain how they'll handle a tough tag
  • Bartel isn't playing like an elite premium anymore due to his positional change
  • Ablett carries too much of the load at the GC and will struggle to routinely score well
  • I've shared my thoughts about Mitchell and Hodge
  • I have my doubts about Montagna as he struggles with tags, and is more exposed to them with Hayes going down. He is probably leading the list for my 5th/6th mid though

Gahhh DT does my head in sometimes!!