Double Downgrade

Started by Chelskiman, May 30, 2011, 01:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelskiman

I was thinking of doing a double downgrade this week as there is no way I'm losing next round.  Which two would you downgrade out of D. Swallow, Harris, Matera and Darling?

Wes Mantooth

Harris and Matera...both are done... sprinkle the rosemary

Swallow and Darling can still post handy scores as emergencies

j959

Quote from: Wes Mantooth on May 30, 2011, 01:23:21 AM
Harris and Matera...both are done... sprinkle the rosemary

Swallow and Darling can still post handy scores as emergencies
+1 and get your mum to make Yorkshire pudding!

Bak2Form

who are  u downgrading too?

Chelskiman

That's the thing, I'm not sure.  I already have the likes of Mzungu and I. Smith in my forwards.  My only other forward option is Callinan, but he's not even back playing yet.  If I don't double downgrade I'll probably just bring in Evans for Harris then Darling to Sylvia.

Bak2Form

yea i was curious cause im looking at someone to downgrade ;)

Chelskiman

It would have been a perfect week for me to double downgrade as I'm playing a guy who has 21 Tigers in his team this round, lol.

Ziplock

... deadset?

I wish I was you lol.

valkorum

I am also looking at a double downgrade this week so that I can do a double upgrade next week.

Bak2Form

Nails

Quote from: Bak2Form on May 30, 2011, 12:57:13 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on May 30, 2011, 12:40:56 PM
... deadset?

I wish I was you lol.

me to ;)

Wow... what a bunch of pussies.

If I ever have an easy opponent like that I'd be hating life. Seriously an easy match up? Where's the fun in that?

Dream Team is best when it's a challenge, you need to be at your coaching best to select the good sides. If you just keep getting easy match ups like that it's boring and too easy.

This year I went out of my way to ensure all my leagues were decent. All my leagues are top 470 and it's my best year of dream team yet :)

I'm also top 5 in all 5 leagues :) (5th in one, 4th in two and 3rd in two) :D

Chelskiman

Yeah, most of my other games are tough.  I've only lost one game this season and I'm still in eliminator.  Actually, the guy I beat last week I had never beaten before and he won our league last year.  My only loss came when Grimes and Curnow got injured and Stevie J was a late out.

I know it's no fun if you win big every week, but in saying that I can only go up against who ever I am drawn against for that week.  It's why I was going to double downgrade as there was simply no risk involved and some of my rookies are starting to/have already peaked.

thatguy

Quote from: Chelskiman on May 30, 2011, 12:25:00 PM
That's the thing, I'm not sure.  I already have the likes of Mzungu and I. Smith in my forwards.  My only other forward option is Callinan, but he's not even back playing yet.  If I don't double downgrade I'll probably just bring in Evans for Harris then Darling to Sylvia.

evans is an iffy one mate... i would be wary there. he wont last long with trengove coming back in and scully not far away.

i reckon a better bet is josh green from brisbane. has looked ok in his first 2 games and was a magnet both here at local level and at u18 championships.