Goddards goddar go

Started by just a gun, April 11, 2011, 06:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slap

Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 30, 2011, 02:52:00 AM
Goddard to curnow equals best trade of the year! He has dropped 140k or so and will have a high be after next week as well as he only got 41 and curnow went up 170k and averaged just as much as him. Now I can trade someone like Boyd or someone in the top 6 mids instead of having Goddard there. So I made 380k from 1 trade and didn't lose points (proli gained points) which is amazing! U glad u all kept him now? Hahaha

Firstly, to have him in your mids is stupid.  Play him in defence.  And no i don't regret having him.  He has averaged 90 odd-sure less than what we expected, but in a topsy turvy defence zone, not many players have proven themselves as 'guns'.  And he scored 41 in less than one quarter on the weekend.  If he had of pumped out a 120+ you wouldnt have posed this, and I'm sure he was on track for something around that mark.  So, unless your laughing at us for not forseeing his unfortunate injury that resulted in him being strectched off the ground, kick the ground in pain, and have scans in hospital - your really are dirt, joe.

Chopps

ok i am not a maths man and dont claim to be but i dont see how you got 380k

did you trade Goddard to curnow that was it? (due to mpp this is possible)

if you did bulk crazy trade. you say you made 380 but thats not the case having money from the start in your bank is not making money, i however made money by offloading a dud rookie to curnow because i sold him for 170 k more then i paid for him, goddard i have lost money on but if i traded goddard to curnow its just money i had in the bank. plus why did you have goddard in your mids should of MPP to the backline and left him there scores were no worse then most other premo

Joe Dirt

yeah well he was in my backs with heppell in my mids, so i swapped him into the mid and traded him for curnow...that way iv got heppell in the back line instead of mids which is a waste as their a lot better mids than heppell. but on the maths side of things, curnow went up 180k and goddard has gone down 150 and will proli go down 20-30k over the next two weeks, so out of the one trade i have profited about 350k...thats amazing...and goddard has only averaged 82 not 90, there are a lot of mids averaging more than that, scotland shaw deledio carrazo suckling adcock heppell gibbs enright guerra fisher birchall rawlings and even hanley. so its not quite topsy turvy when ya think about it.

LEV

see people write this crap all the time. Obviously no idea what DT is all about. go on, waste your trades.

pretty sure St Kilda dont have a bye in the finals. Its Roos, Geelong, Carlton, Essendon.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Joe Dirt on May 30, 2011, 02:52:00 AM
Goddard to curnow equals best trade of the year! He has dropped 140k or so and will have a high be after next week as well as he only got 41 and curnow went up 170k and averaged just as much as him. Now I can trade someone like Boyd or someone in the top 6 mids instead of having Goddard there. So I made 380k from 1 trade and didn't lose points (proli gained points) which is amazing! U glad u all kept him now? Hahaha
yeah not sure if your thinking is correct there,  the money u have made is the profit from downgrading god-->curnow= lets just say $300k,  than if u r gunna upgrade curnow to boyd it will cost u lets say 100k, the profit is $200k,but has cost u 2 trades, thats $100k a trade.  which is basically what a trade is worth
if curnow and goddard have scored exactly the same amount then fine, u havnt gained nor lost points. but when u did the original trade you were speculating (gambling) on curnows performance over a proven player, which has an inherent amount of risk.   it seems to have been a fair enough trade in hindsight,but since u still need to get rid of curnow, it has cost u 2 trades not 1.  and like i said at $100k a trade it is a standard price, ofcourse u could have kept goddard and saved 2 trades and not make the $200k.