Upgrading Liberatore

Started by Montag, May 30, 2011, 08:53:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montag

need the best midfielder possible. can afford anyone who should i get

have swan, pendles, rischitelli, selwood, a.swallow ?

im thinking l.shiels, hodge, mitchell, d.thomas (collingwood), chapman, s.thompson

dont really want boyd and is murphy going to be consisitent

who is the best possible pick

Slap

dont want boyd?? his team has been getting beated significantly, and he still pumps out a 115.  I'd get him.

Of you choices:

Shiels: Not as proven as the rest.

Mitchell:  Can't handle a tag.  But excellent otherwise.

Hodge:  Injury hampered pre season and early rounds.  Do you trust he is completely over it?

Chapman:  Pass.  Stupid to put him in your mids.  Plus injury is always a slight concern.

Thomas:  Yes, a good unique.  But no because you have pendles and swan.

Thompson:  Probably the best pick of them all.  Racking up stats in a poor team.  the crows put the ball in his hands as much as possible.  Adelaide's Chris Judd.

But I really don't know why you wouldn't get any of Boyd, Murphy or Judd???  :S  they seem like the obvious choice.  Even Watson off injury..  ( but that worries me tbh).

FLOPITOUT1

Boyd imo. He's a machine  ;)

jvalles

Didn't you say best midfield possible?!?  Your choices don't rate in that category, best of the best include Boyd, Montagna, Murphy, & Ablett.  You've already got 2 uniques in Rischetelli and Swallow, so why go for another when you'll get pumped by teams with the studs?

Montag

dont want a western bulldogs player
montagna is inconsistent and murphy and judd seem a bit up and down to me

SHIELS. he is averaging 120 in last 5 games and is averaging 105 for the year in a top 4 side. he is consistent and proven dont give me that crap still

Slap

if your sure on things, don't ask.  It seems like you already know what people will say, and then criticise us when we offer an opinion.  "don't give me that crap".

Having a heap of uniques is risky esp in the zone that should contribute the most DT points each week.  Sure you have a better chance of winning a weekly comp, but when the proven guns fire you'll probably lose more often than not.

By proven, we all mean over a period of seasons.  Not sheils who is in his third season; including an 11 game first season averaging 57, a six game second season averaging 53.  Sure he is having a good season, but is hardly a proven player.

He could well average 110 for the season.  Put him in your team and reap the benefits, but with the uniques already in your mids, people are just saying perhaps get someone in, which you can count on without a worry in the world (eg. Boyd).