Dear Diary

Started by footyfan11, May 16, 2011, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

footyfan11

im going to use this post as an opportunity to blurt all my thoughts regarding my team into writing.
hopefully it might prove to be other options that you are all missing, and also offer my conscience some assurity.

Firstly, my team with 17 trades remaining and 300k

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, H Shaw, Goddard, Otten, Lower (Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Atley, Bewick, Libba (Curnow, Harris, D. Swallow)
Sandi, Cox (J. Tippet, Curnow)
Franklin, Chapman, Stevey J, N Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Tapscott (Krak, Matera, Prestia)

Okay so obviously at this stage of the year i am trying to load my team with premiums.

My first query begins in the backline. I am excited to get Suckling in before he takes off, and am thinking right now of trading him for Otten. My initial thought was to remove lower who's B/E is rising, but at this stage, otten is 2k more expensive which means i have to spend less cash on suckling.  Alternatively I can wait a bit for enright to drop, but then my cats are rising = trouble for my league come finals time.

Secondly. Im thinking of bringing in Goodes (also about to take off) for Atley. this will get rid of a spud in atley who has been weighing my team down of late, and also open up some MPP between my fwds/backs. eventually i will swap goodes to complete my forward line with the likes of krak, who i intend to upgrade to pendles when the time is right.

this will leave me 15 trades, 20k left, and a team which reads:

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, H Shaw, Goddard, Suckling, Lower (Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Goodes, Bewick, Libba (Curnow, Harris, D. Swallow)
Franklin, Chapman, Stevey J, N Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Tapscott (Krak, Matera, Prestia)

Curnow > Jacobs + 180k (200k total)
Tapscott (210k) > Mzungu + 120k (320k total)

13 trades

Krak (~250k) > Pendles (~430k)  (140k total)
Swallow (~300k) > J Selwood/Mundy (~440k (hopefully!)) (~$0 remaining)

11 trades. team:

Deledio, Gibbs, Adcock, H Shaw, Goddard, Suckling, Lower (Stanley, Toy, Hibberd)
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Pendles, J. Selwood/Mundy, Libba (Jacobs, Harris, D. Bewick)
Franklin, Chapman, Stevey J, N Riewoldt, Darling, Petrie, Goodes (Mzungu, Matera, Prestia)

Perhaps i got carried away but if youve got through this thankyou