Final spot in the Cottagers forward line!

Started by Don Cottagers, June 05, 2009, 04:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who to pick...

Giansiracusa, Daniel
1 (10%)
Brown, Jonathan
1 (10%)
Riewoldt, Nick
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Don Cottagers

Current Forward Lineup:

Chapman - Pavlich - S Johnson - Ry O'Keefe - Deledio - Franklin - Nahas

I will be upgrading Nahas in the fowardline as my last, non-LTI trade. There are three main options that I am looking at:

OPTION 1:
Gia has had great recent form, but has never really been suited to the SC game (much more a DT player).

OPTION 2:
Jono Brown. Superstar of the game, great player in DT and SC with his start a few seasons back (avg 140 in 10 games) amongst the best there have been. Not sure why, but he is struggling big-time. I do, however, have faith that he will, eventually, come good (same reason I am sticking by Buddy).

OPTION 3:
St. Nick is the best scorer of the three for the year (easily) and will likely shade JB even if he comes flighing home. Downside is that it will take two trades to do which means I will only have 3 trades set aside of LTIs instead of 4, and while I have some decent bench help (Broughton, Greenwood, Beams, Muston, Sidebottom and Ballantyne) leaving only 3 for the rest of the season would be a big risk.

Thoughts...

toodledock

Nick is 600.
Id do the brown trade now or hold off the riewoldnt debacle

great team I am done with 4 trades left and have sidebottom starting on the fie;d :'( in my FW

Don Cottagers

I figured that I am 17th at the moment and there is no prize for coming second, third, etc so I bit the bullet and got Nick. Have a bit of cash left to out Chad next week then the team is done except for LTIs. Final team should be:

Goddard - Drummond - Lockyer - S Fisher - Newman/Scotland? - P Burgoyne - Grimes (Broughton - Greenwood)

G Ablett - Judd - Gibbs - Hasleby - Cooney - K Cornes (Muston - Swift)

Cox - McIntosh

Riewoldt - Chapman - Pavlich - S Johnson - Ry O'Keefe - Deledio - Franklin (Sidebottom - Ballantyne)

Will need a bit of luck but am hoping to finish at least top 10...