should i trade or wait another week or 2 with darling....

Started by whorya, May 11, 2011, 02:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whorya

looking at improving an already strong team - im looking at getting in mitchell for curnow but need to downgrade a strong darling...he has more money to make but i dont know how much more so its a tough call to make. but was going to go against 1 of my rules and get a 2nd game player if i smith gets a gig this week for him.

so does this sounds alright.... out curnow/darling in smith/mitchell

my team would be like this

B: gods, gibbs, adcock, heppell, broughton, enright, stanley, bsmith, thompson, lower
C: swan, boyd,selwood,monts,mitchell, swallow, harris, conca, wallis
R: sandi, ryder, smith, tippett
F: n roo, pav, sylv, goodes, frankl, petrie, tappy, matera, i smith, c richardson

what we think....

will leave me in a strong possy with 17 trades AFTER these 2 !!

hardnut

robbing peter to pay paul? Leaves you with a weak forward line considering you've used 7 trades...ok if you out tappy the following week to upgrade Matera I spose...

LaHug

Assuming you're keeping Broughton for the long haul and Heppell because he's amazing, this will leave you with one player away from a complete back line, one away from a complete midfield, complete rucks (which you can always make better by getting cox if you have trades to spare) and one off a complete forward line. Say it takes two trades to update each spot (and maybe 3 to get Pendles in the mids, depending on trades), that means you'll have a full team with 10 trades left. One more to go Ryder to Cox IF you deem it necessary, you still have 9. Looking strong and I like your trades this week!

browny_wce

u have a forward who is averaging 77 odd, capable of 100s when at home at Subiaco and your wanting to trade this early??
he should be up there with Heppell

LF

darling still has money to make so i wouldn't trade him yet.

whorya

Quote from: hardnut on May 11, 2011, 05:09:54 AM
robbing peter to pay paul? Leaves you with a weak forward line considering you've used 7 trades...ok if you out tappy the following week to upgrade Matera I spose...

i wouldnt call that a weak fwd line if there is only 1 rookie playing....alot of teams still have 2 or even 3 playing. chapman will come into the fwd line at some pt in the next 2-4 weeks depending on price and rookies prices stagnating....

i think pav,goodes,sylv,chap,frank,n roo,petrie would be a strong 7 fwd line....

whorya

thats the issue i need to look at darling will make more cash of course but it wont be more than 30-50k id have thought? over 2-3 weeks before he tops out

Slap

Quote from: LaHug on May 11, 2011, 09:52:05 AM
Assuming you're keeping Broughton for the long haul and Heppell because he's amazing, this will leave you with one player away from a complete back line, one away from a complete midfield, complete rucks (which you can always make better by getting cox if you have trades to spare) and one off a complete forward line. Say it takes two trades to update each spot (and maybe 3 to get Pendles in the mids, depending on trades), that means you'll have a full team with 10 trades left. One more to go Ryder to Cox IF you deem it necessary, you still have 9. Looking strong and I like your trades this week!

+1