Getting in 3 premiums over the next two weeks...

Started by Possumo, May 11, 2011, 01:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which premium mid should I bring in addition to Swan?

Pendlebury
8 (36.4%)
Boyd
11 (50%)
Mundy
1 (4.5%)
Chapman
1 (4.5%)
Watson
1 (4.5%)
Other (please post who)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Possumo

Hi guys, so like everyone else I have Grimes and Curnow, and I'm looking to get in a premium back and two premium mid's thanks to some downgrades I made last week. Also, I'm aiming (as you can see from my team!) for league only with my team.

Currently my team looks like this, with 435k in the bank, with 17 trades left (unfortunately made my team after the lockout, so I had to trade in Gibbs and Curnow... plus I had C. Dempsey!) :

Backs - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Adcock, Grimes, Heppell, B. Smith (Lower, Toy, Otten)

Mids - Mitchell, A. Swallow, J. Selwood, Curnow, D. Swallow, Harris (Liberatore, Iles, M. Hibberd)

Rucks - Cox, Sandilands, (Tippett, Keeffe)

Forwards - Rioli, Goodes, Riewoldt, Didak, Franklin, Darling, Tapscott (Krakouer, Harper, B. Matera)

So obviously my team lacks Swan, and I'm going to be trading him in for either Curnow or Swallow next week for a hopefully sub 460k price, and then getting another premium mid for Curnow/Swallow, currently I'm tossing up between Watson (has a bye in the GF though... and just checking now I'm playing one of the strongest teams in Rd. 10, and he doesn't have any Essendon players except for Heppell... so I'm think he is ruled out!), Pendlebury (the guy I'm playing during his second bye is pretty good, and has Thomas/Swan in the mids, and Dawes in the forwards, so if I get Shaw in for Grimes, it might make me pretty vulnerable...), Boyd, or perhaps MPP players such as Chapman (again his bye might put me off, but his DPP might allow me to swap him with Krakouer into the forwards later, but if I get in Enright too, that's 3 premiums out for the one of the finals...), Pav? (last bye during the multi-bye rd. and obvious advantage) or even Sylvia? (likewise with Pav for byes).

So firstly, I'm currently pretty keen on Shaw,  and if so due to his low B/E I'll probably want to get him in this week (my opponent this week is pretty bad, so any trades this week would be just based on money), Enright or Gram/Fisher (my opponent in Rd. 14 is quite strong, and only has Goddard and no Riewoldt... and has Shaw/Swan/Pendles...) , and perhaps the same argument with Pendles (is it 110 as listed on Fanfooty?). Boyd could be a good option too... but perhaps next week (anyone know his proper B/E? Is it 154?).

I'd appreciate any help you guys could give me!

Cheers

Edit: Obviously if there are other areas of my team that reckon need more attention first/other trades I should make, please tell me!

CFC 1979

boyd first then pendles or vice versa

you need both

LaHug

Quote from: CFC 1979 on May 11, 2011, 08:05:52 AM
boyd first then pendles or vice versa

you need both
+1
Both are necessary and it really doesn't matter which order you get them in.

dale93

Yeah i think you need to include Pendas and Boyd in this week i would bring in Boyd as Pendas is set to drop next week and then use the swallow trade to upgrade to Pendas next week...
So i think this week grimes to shaw and curnow to boyd then next week swallow to pendas

Possumo

Thanks guys, I am now indeed pretty sure I will get both, but however like I said, I don't have Swan yet and will be bringing him in next week along with another premium, either Boyd or Pendles. Due to Pendles bye in Rd. 13, I'm thinking of bring in Boyd before Pendles, thanks to his last bye being in Rd. 20 when I'm playing a lower placed team. My current dilemma is who to bring in this week and who to bring in next week (breakevens are the only consideration, as my opponent this week is pretty bad). Liking the Bulldogs players a bit more now, and I'm actually thinking perhaps that bringing in R. Murphy over Enright might be a pretty good move... Enright has been very up and down and his bye during the finals (much like Rawlings) put's me off a bit, as does the bye for H. Shaw against a good opponent who doesn't have him in Rd. 13...

Edit: Made another post and the breakevens for Boyd and Swan are price at least a bit by next week, and give me more time to fatten Swallow (Curnow obviously doesn't matter). Tempted at the moment to lock them in as trades next week, and get R. Murphy this week at this stage... what do you reckon? Is Enright just too good to avoid? Am tempted to just avoid him due to his finals bye and get Shaw in after Rd. 13, and stick to 6 premium backs... I think I would prefer to get Chappy in my forwards, and since I already have Selwood, 3 Cats out for the finals is probably a bit much...