Midfield Work?

Started by dale93, May 11, 2011, 11:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dale93

Ok i am just wondering if these trades are good or bad?

My current midfield is:
Swan, Boyd, Selwood, Dal Santo, Swallow, Harris (Libba, Conca, Pittard)

Next week trades are:
Libba to Jacobs and Pittard to Bartell
and in round 11
Swallow to Pendas and Harris to Mzunga

That will leave my midfield:Swan, Boyd, Pendas, Bartell, Selwood and Dal Santo (Conca, Mzunga, Jacobs)

Are they good or bad trades?

I am trying to get my midfield premuimished as soon as possible as i want to attack the car!

TMurphBROWNLOW

its very hard to plan trades greater than 2 weeks ahead, and you're planning up to 4 :P usually things go wrong, such as this week (grimes, curnow etc.) which throws all your planning out the window. i've had mine thrown out about 6-7 times :(

in regards to your trades, yes they look very good, and would leave you with a very very strong midfield :) my only concern is you have 2 pairs of premiums from the same team; Bartel-Selwood, Swan-Pendlebury; therefore goodluck when their second bye's come around !! perhaps wait til after collingwood's next bye to put pendlebury in + by then mzungU will be ready and you won't have traded him in prematurely :)

dale93

Quote from: TMurphBROWNLOW on May 11, 2011, 11:43:30 AM
its very hard to plan trades greater than 2 weeks ahead, and you're planning up to 4 :P usually things go wrong, such as this week (grimes, curnow etc.) which throws all your planning out the window. i've had mine thrown out about 6-7 times :(

in regards to your trades, yes they look very good, and would leave you with a very very strong midfield :) my only concern is you have 2 pairs of premiums from the same team; Bartel-Selwood, Swan-Pendlebury; therefore goodluck when their second bye's come around !! perhaps wait til after collingwood's next bye to put pendlebury in + by then mzungU will be ready and you won't have traded him in prematurely :)

ooh yes i forgot about the 2nd collingwood bye being early :( but yes thanks heaps for the advice.....and do you think conca is keeper or a cow?

TMurphBROWNLOW

i wouldn't mind conca sitting on the pine being a bench warmer because he's very reliable as backup... i'd say he's a cash cow nevertheless :) you would be able to downgrade him for maybe callinan or someone else later in the year to strengthen your backs/fwds  ;D

i traded him out round 3 for heppell, so i'm now missing him because he's scoring so well :P

DG

jacobs hasnt been named yet, lot can change even with your suggestions for this week  :D

Bak2Form

dont put in a player you think might play, primus hasnt said jacobs will play yet. Wait atleast to his named. We are all hoping he plays soon, along with mZungu and Callan

Ziplock

I put jacobs in last week, in all honesty, barring injury/ illness, he will play in a week or two. Or primus is just a moron.

maybe both :P

Cicjose