My Team - as it stands..

Started by Leather Poisoning, June 05, 2009, 04:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leather Poisoning

Okay, my team currently looks like this:

BACKS: Chad*, Enright, Fisher, Gilbee, Drummond, Dawson, Broughton (Cheney/Petrenko)

GUTS: Ablett, J.Selwood, Hayes, Power, S.Thompson, Higgins (Cockie/Anthony)

TALLS: Cox, Petrie (Jacobs/Spencer)

FORWARDS: Steve J, Chappman, Gia, Jon Brown, Nath Brown, Walker, Sidebum (Macaffer/Schoenmakers)

I've worked a lot on polishing my Midfield so far and i'd say thats complete.
I've been desperately hoping to mend by Back and Forward line for weeks, but have really lucked-out with most of my bench players this year unfortunately..

10 trades, 97k in the kit and going for the league win for sure.

What steps should i look at taking next?

Muston for Cockie is what i'm thinking this week, simply to have midfield cover and Chad to someone i'd say.. but i don't know what direction to go at the moment.
Can probably tolerate Dawson and Walker for a little while longer but with the spare coin from Cockie to Muston i can't really afford anyone half-decent to upgrade Cheney or say.. Macaffer to?

Maybe downgrade Chad to Ellis too maybe?..

Any thoughts would be greatful..

Leather Poisoning

*Sorry that's Luke Power in the middle in case anyone was wondering.. :P

juddanaught

i would get rid of anthony before cockie, as the eagles get the chance to elevate another rookie after round 11. he will get more game time, and with anthony's 11 week 2 week foot injury i wouldnt be keeping him.

spewing cornes got injured cause you could have upgraded one of your forwards or backs, hit me too dont worry.

ummmm there are plenty of players to pick from in the backline, goddard, adcock, newman, bowden. if your going to upgrade a little later you should probably pick a cheaper option, id go newman, that would leave you with around 160000 to play with, then you can choose who to upgrade.

Leather Poisoning

Thanks mate.. Yeah I only thought about trading Cockie as i've held on to Anthony since the start and if he were to play in a couple of weeks it'd seem silly to offload him right now..

Just saw the teams though and Nath Brown out AGAIN!

Throws yet another spanner in the works! :P

juddanaught

yeah i have nathan brown too, but ive got side freck to cover him ! spewin he has been up and down all year, but they said if they were playing sunday he would be right to go, just not worth the risk playing tonight !!