Midfield downgrade options

Started by lukedogg17, May 05, 2011, 10:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedogg17

Looking to ship out libba this week but tough to find someone with good js. Wallis looks okay but dogs will still have to bring some players back in eg higgins.  Hibberd is a good option with his mpp but is really going to struggle to keep his spot imo. So its basically out of these two for me but a tough choice, leaning towards wallis because of his slightly better js atm

Andrew

Iles from Gold Coast? Best job security out of the 3, should average 60-75 from here.

lukedogg17

dont wanna spend the extra cash plus no faith in him either lol id rather spend 20k less for the same amount of faith

Fenno

Quote from: Andrew on May 05, 2011, 10:01:57 PM
Iles from Gold Coast? Best job security out of the 3, should average 60-75 from here.
+1

bundyboy

GC gave a bye in 2 weeks...do you really want to hold iiles over that too ??

Fireballz

Gordon's been pushing for selection for the swans since last year but I expect that unless he performs, he will be shipped off when Kieren jack returns. Worth seeing how his first 2 weeks go but if you need to cover a donut this week then Wallis for me.

BillyPil

Why move Libba on this week?
He's out with soreness, which is really just a rest, so imagine he'll be back and firing after a week off. If you are facing a donut, then I'd understand... otherwise stick with him for another few weeks as his BE is still only 37 and he's averaging 80, so he's got another few price rises in him yet.

lukedogg17

Quote from: BillyPil on May 05, 2011, 10:37:03 PM
Why move Libba on this week?
He's out with soreness, which is really just a rest, so imagine he'll be back and firing after a week off. If you are facing a donut, then I'd understand... otherwise stick with him for another few weeks as his BE is still only 37 and he's averaging 80, so he's got another few price rises in him yet.

yep facing a donut but thats no real drama for me, hes probably got 50k more left in him butim looking to bring wallis in off the bubble, not sure how many more mids will be blooded for me to trade him out 3 or so weeks down the track

Andrew

Yeah I don't know who outside of Wallis & Iles will be worth downgrading to in mids? It's making me want to grab Iles now while he's on the bubble.

Ziplock

Basically nobody at this point in time. Later in the season when callinan, mzungu and jacobs return, they could all be great, but atm... we have wallis and Illes :P

Anyone else find it really coincidental that four of our best MPP rookie options (including hibberd), all got injured (or sick) pre-season?

bundyboy

Quote from: Ziplock on May 06, 2011, 02:16:17 PM
Anyone else find it really coincidental that four of our best MPP rookie options (including hibberd), all got injured (or sick) pre-season?

consipiracy theory Zip ??  is Osama really dead too ??

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on May 06, 2011, 02:16:17 PM
Basically nobody at this point in time. Later in the season when callinan, mzungu and jacobs return, they could all be great, but atm... we have wallis and Illes :P

Thats a good thing - it means that they will all be downgrade targets for us to have for the last half of the season a benchies

Ziplock

Good question.. no country wanted the body, so they just smeared faeces all over it and dropped the body in the sea...

I never said it was a bad thing, I just meant, odd :P