help needed :)

Started by dcmagadia21, May 02, 2011, 10:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

My team:

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Heppell, Adcock, Goddard, Grimes, Duigan --- Stanley, Lower, Otten

MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Watson, Curnow, Boyd, Swallow --- Libba, Harris, Hibberd

RUC: Cox, Sandi --- Smith, McCauley

FWD: Franklin, Stevie J, Goodes, Knights, Darling, Voldt, Tapscott --- Krak, Matera, Harper

$40,700 in the bank & 19 trades left

Trades done:

Round 3
Hayes ---> Pendles
I.Smith ---> Curnow (just before his price rise  :D :D :D)

Round 5
Broughton ---> Adcock

Round 6
Boak ---> Watson
Richo ---> Harper

What are your initial thoughts on my team so far?

I want to get either Enright and Chappy in ASAP. Or if I can't, maybe get Suckling and Pav. But I don't know who should I downgrade to get extra $$$ and who to upgrade. Duigan and Otten are on top of the list atm on possible downgrade/upgrade trade bait.

Thanks for the help guys. Really appreciate it  :)

Ziplock

Duigan needs to go soon, breakeven has surpassed average, can he still go up? yes. Can he go up a substantial amount esp. considering his bye is next week? Hell no.

DEF: Essentially set. You're right, you need duigan out for enright.
Mids:  A swallow or Dswallow? if it's A swallow, you're close to set there as well, if D swallow, still travelling nicely.
Rucks: Set
FWDS: Nvoldt I presume? him and goodes aren't doing too crash hot, but keep the faith.

your trades were all good and legit, it's what I would have done probably.

In all honesty, your team looks really good, what ranking are you sitting on?

I'm not going to crunch the numbers, but imo you only have one or two viable options

either harris or  (d?)swallow--> illes, I would trade swallow before harris.
or, libba down to wallis.

then upgrade duigan to enright.

I can't be bothered crunching the numbers, but you should be right.

It's premature culling though.

dcmagadia21

Quote from: Ziplock on May 03, 2011, 04:36:28 PM
Duigan needs to go soon, breakeven has surpassed average, can he still go up? yes. Can he go up a substantial amount esp. considering his bye is next week? Hell no.

DEF: Essentially set. You're right, you need duigan out for enright.
Mids:  A swallow or Dswallow? if it's A swallow, you're close to set there as well, if D swallow, still travelling nicely.
Rucks: Set
FWDS: Nvoldt I presume? him and goodes aren't doing too crash hot, but keep the faith.

your trades were all good and legit, it's what I would have done probably.

In all honesty, your team looks really good, what ranking are you sitting on?

I'm not going to crunch the numbers, but imo you only have one or two viable options

either harris or  (d?)swallow--> illes, I would trade swallow before harris.
or, libba down to wallis.

then upgrade duigan to enright.

I can't be bothered crunching the numbers, but you should be right.

It's premature culling though.
thanks man. i'm ranked 4,369. I would probably do that. you reckon i should trade swallow (it's david not andrew by the way :))out before harris (as he has a higher BE) but wouldn't swallow have a better scoring potential? just saying. but definitely taking duigan out for enright.

RiOtChEsS

i cant speak for :-X but im guessing his theory is 1 Swallow gives u more money from the downgrade and Harris is a seasoned vet whose body is well versed to the rigors of a full season and thus giving u better cover than that of Swallow who is young and could catch that general soreness virus thats going around soon enough ;)

idea: Duigan>Pouopolo bags u 125,00 + 40,700 bank = 165,700

Otten and 165,700=362,700 and Enright is 354,600

or alternatively Duigan>Jacobs 117,000 + 40,700 = 157,700

Otten and 157,700=354,700 :o :o :o Enright with $100 to spare mids stay in tact...

Ziplock

^ pretty much with marcz here. Basically trade for whoever is named.

And yeah, covered my logic pretty well there, harris has more to rise, and their scoring potential isn't that big of a difference. The duigan--> jacobs trade seems better to me (if he's named), just basically because with ports shocking side, they'll want to give the young guys as much experience and hardening as possible.

that being said, just to reiterate on the  GC boys, they really do not want to be risking someone with as much potential as dswallow, hence the resting that should happen in unwinnable games.