Trying to fix a mess...

Started by lasonjin, May 02, 2011, 10:15:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasonjin

So I decided to attempt a new strategy this year, where I filled out my midfield with mostly mid-priced players in the hopes that they would rise up enough for me to spend minimal cash to upgrade them to premiums. My midfield started off as Bartel, Palmer, Cotchin, Rich, Foley, Heppell, Prestia, Harris and Bewick, and I have since turned Palmer into Montagna, Heppell into my backline, and replaced with Curnow, and Prestia to Liberatore. Plan hasn't worked out 'that' great with Rich and Palmer going the wrong way, but I am happy with Cotchin and holding onto Foley.

Anyway, before I go on any further, this is my team at the moment:
Defenders - Deledio, Adcock, Grimes, Bruce, Duffield, Heppell, Duigan, Smith (ADE), Stanley, Lower
Midfielders - Bartel, Montagna, Cotchin, Rich, Foley, Curnow, Liberatore, Harris, Bewick
Ruck - Cox, Sandilands, Smith, Tippett
Forward - Franklin, Pavlich, Goodes, Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Darling, Krakouer, Matera, Richardson
Balance - $350,000 and 21 trades remaining

This is the period I think where I'm starting to get the premiums in, so I can make a strong run for the finals (currently in 8th). I was wondering what some of you guys might think would be a good plan going forward? I'm trying to stay away from players from North, Geelong, Carlton and Essendon, so I don't have $400k sitting on a bench anywhere.

So far, I'm thinking of getting Fyfe in this round and possibly culling Duigan to free up some cash for next week. Then progressively adding one premium a round from this point onwards (I'm assuming that some of the cash cows will peak in the next few rounds, so each week I'll cull one). Anybody think that it's too late to jump on Fyfe?

Anyway, any suggestions would be appreciated, I'm all ears. Cheers.

yorgis

i'm looking at staying away from those teams as well. want to start culling and bring in a premo every 1 or 2 weeks and was thinking about fyfe,but not sure if he can keep up the pace. might go mundy or mitchell

The It

The Geelong bye is for a Prelim, so if you manage your way from 8th to the top 4 and then win your first final you are not playing for the Geelong bye.

This is what i am hoping to do!

lasonjin

Quote from: The It on May 02, 2011, 11:54:16 AM
The Geelong bye is for a Prelim, so if you manage your way from 8th to the top 4 and then win your first final you are not playing for the Geelong bye.

Well that is true! I overlooked that tidbit. Food for thought I think...