Help Please

Started by Sleeken, May 01, 2011, 11:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sleeken

Hey All,

I'm a first time DTer and need some advice about particular upgrades + general tactics. Ignore some of my highly questionable selections, I didn't know what I was doing.

My Team:

Backline: Gibbs, Adcock, Grimes, H. Shaw, Heppell, Lower, B. Smith (J. Hunt, K. Hunt, Batchelor)
Mids: Pendles, Sidebottom, Judd, J Kennedy, Cooney, Deledio (D. Swallow, D. Harris, Kerr)
Rucks: Cox, Petrie (Z. Smith, J. Fraser)
Forwards: C. Dawes, Zaharakis, C. Knights, Darling, Pavlich,A. Krakouer, N Riewoldt (Markovic, Rioli, I. Smith)

Made 6 trades so far. $45k spare, scored 1956 last round but ranked 20, 000...aiming for league wins.

I know I've gone through quite a few trades already but thinking of:

J. Hunt (dropped) -> Enright/Gram this means I'd have to downgrade someone (any suggestions?)
Z. smith/fraser -> anyone?
harris/kerr -> Iles/Hibberd

Also, Cooney has an average of 79 and has dropped 40K...cut my losses and trade? (instead of J. Hunt this round)

Cheers

LaHug

Don't touch your rucks for now, they're fine!
Kerr is finally on his way up, could post some good scores (for someone of his price) but looks like he might have to be first downgraded. Wouldn't make you much cash though and, considering you got him at "rookie price", you may want to keep him as a perma-bench.
Isaac Smith doesn't look like getting a game.
Karmichael Hunt is NOT a DTer, he will have to go. Maybe for Hibberd?
DON'T TRADE COONEY

With 6 trades already made, you need to get premiums with as few trades as possible. So, it's important for you to make a heap of cash (or as much as you can) out of any downgrades. I can't actually see much you can do in terms of downgrades, but I hope I've given you something to think about.
Sorry I couldn't help further, but I saw that there hadn't been any responses so I thought I'd give my word.

blah128

Agree with LaHug on Hunt to Hibberd and keeping Cooney. Try to avoid trading out premium players especially if they've dropped in price. Give them a chance to come good and make the money back.
If you really needed to touch the rucks and needed a downgrade, maybe Fraser to McCauley from Brisbane. Has been going well up there

Sleeken

Thanks!

Don't ask me why I chose Karmichael, had no clue. Was just going to leave him permanently on the bench to saves trades. Same goes for Smith. Might go for Hibberd then.

If I'm leaving Cooney be, then I guess I should wait a week to milk more cash out of Harris (and keep Kerr), then upgrade to Enright next week.

Was thinking of trading Fraser, who's always on my bench. Hope petrie will be consistent. I've have a look at McCauley.

Hirdy005

Agree about the premiums and the amount of trades youll have to just ride them out. However i think you do need to make a couple of trades and atleast try and get something going with your team.

I would be trading Fraser to McCauley or another 80k option. This move will free up cash and allow you to upgrade later. McCauley is set for another good price rise this week and could make some good coin for another downgrade later on in the year.

As a general rule Rookie do get a little thin as the year goes on and options do tend to dry up a little, we will have a few good ones coming up (Mzungu/Jacobs/Callihan) but these are a few weeks away because of injury. I would be very tempted in bring Iles in for Kerr to give you money to upgrade once your rookie peaked.

With the Hibberd trade ill be waiting another week and getting him in the Friday before his 3rd game, im not 100% sold on his Job Security and this trade doesnt need to be made yet.

As for Gram, i would be staying clear of a few saints players, they aint playing good footy and even there real premium are going pretty bad (Montagna/Goddard/Riewoldt) better options out there then him at the moment.

Hope it helps, and dont worry your teams not too bad anyways a few good trades and youll be back on track