Lack of patience comes back to bite me.

Started by LaHug, May 01, 2011, 12:06:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

I got rid of 40 possession Foley and 5 goal Riewoldt earlier in the year. As I Tiger fan, I REALLY should've noticed that the bad scores were based on the tough opening draw!
Well, I've wasted trades now :(

Nails

Quote from: LaHug on May 01, 2011, 12:06:58 AM
I got rid of 40 possession Foley and 5 goal Riewoldt earlier in the year. As I Tiger fan, I REALLY should've noticed that the bad scores were based on the tough opening draw!
Well, I've wasted trades now :(

I think even Soccer fans who have never watched a game of AFL in their life noticed that...  ::)

Fenno

Foley was always going to come good. He had only played a handfull of games in 2 years. Anyone who thought he could just smash it from the start was kidding themselves. To be honest I didn't think he would be knocking out hundreds just yet but always knew he would improve every week. I told everyone this when everyone was first talking about trading him and basicly nobody listened so...... I TOLD YOU SO. I kept him and loving it getting great points and saved a trade.

LaHug

Well, I was intending on Foley being a mid step to a premium... So the fact that he was going to bleed cash meant he had to go. But I didn't expect this kind of turn around this quickly!

antonc

Kept him and very happy with him. Had a brief moment were I thought I would get rid of him, bit as  you send Fenno did no play much over last 2 years and decided to keep him. Could actually turn into a keeper!!!!

Sammocorw

I brought in Curnow for Foley prior to round 3. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I think I did okay.

Flame

Quote from: Sammocorw on May 01, 2011, 01:48:26 AM
I brought in Curnow for Foley prior to round 3. Hmmmmmmmmmm, I think I did okay.

+1

Chopps

foley was always a stepping stone for me he took longer then i expected to get going, got curnow instead happy with my move no worse off at the moment

C-Dogg

um they only PLAYED THE BRISBANE LIONS WHO ARE TERRIBLE, but good luck to foley/jroo owners anyway

Andrew

Quote from: Flame on May 01, 2011, 08:19:59 AM
Quote from: Sammocorw on May 01, 2011, 01:48:26 AM

+1

+2. Same if you got Libba. Foley was a great pick because a) he looks the goods and could've been an all-season long 5th/6th midfield or b) it's an easy downgrade to bring in the gun midfield rookie you missed out on. Seeing as I didn't have Libba or Curnow at the start, it was always a case of b).

You could've played the strategy of not starting with him and picking him up once the Richmond draw got better, but that's just too much of a risky trade. We dreamed with Foley and we weren't completely wrong, just far better options out there come round 3   ;D