Higgins or Grant (in the long run)?

Started by dcmagadia21, March 14, 2011, 01:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcmagadia21

Shaun Higgins is a proven gun if his body holds up. Jarrad Grant was very good last year. He will surely improve I have a feeling.

What are your guys thoughts on which one would be a better pick in the long run?

nostradamus

Jukes

j959

in the long-run = Grant

but as the other two before have posted, i wouldn't be looking at either for the long-run.

(atm, i'm considering starting with Higgs but looking to dump him like a hot potato as soon as he makes $80k-$120 - if he doesn't i just cut my losses and downgrade)

Hawka

i woudnt be goin on any..grant seems to be the better i reckon

Chopps

Quote from: j959 on March 14, 2011, 02:47:36 AM
in the long-run = Grant

but as the other two before have posted, i wouldn't be looking at either for the long-run.

(atm, i'm considering starting with Higgs but looking to dump him like a hot potato as soon as he makes $80k-$120 - if he doesn't i just cut my losses and downgrade)

why would you start a 340 k player and not keep him

beermee

if you expect to make $80k to $120k out of higgins, then he is scoring 100 points plus per game and therefore is a keeper!!!

from the nab cup game i watched higgins looked to be all class. expect a big year from him if the doggies fire.....

Ziplock

basically, with higgins, you're hoping he'll fire (which he will), go up in price significantly (which he will), then trade him out when he gets injured for a premium who had a string of poor games and is now significantly cheaper.

beermee

surely you cant structure your team around expecting someone to get injured? nor would you be dumping higgins if he's averaging 100-110 in your fwds?

if you want a player to make you $100k, go buy a knights/krakeour/foley/harris/etc instead.... but i assume we all have plenty of those atype of players already in our sides.... my point is that i think higgins is a cheap premium/keeper this year, not an 'upgrade' mechanism (with plenty of better upgrade mechanisms on offer this year, than higgins).....

j959

Quote from: beermee on March 14, 2011, 01:37:21 PM
surely you cant structure your team around expecting someone to get injured? nor would you be dumping higgins if he's averaging 100-110 in your fwds?

if you want a player to make you $100k, go buy a knights/krakeour/foley/harris/etc instead.... but i assume we all have plenty of those atype of players already in our sides.... my point is that i think higgins is a cheap premium/keeper this year, not an 'upgrade' mechanism (with plenty of better upgrade mechanisms on offer this year, than higgins).....
beermee, Chopps - they're all risk/reward chances, on form higgins and kraks look to be the good early picks for now. Knights i'm still not sold and Harris/Foley are in the mids (they are fine there, but dcmag is asking re his fwd-line)

Look, if he fires 100+ and stays on the park, yeah, i'll keep him - i just know that he's 'made of butter' and can go down at anytime so i've factored in a trade for him just in case - ie my finger will be itchy on the trade trigger for him.

burner11

Higgins is cheap and a lock,  Has had a great pre-season, Whilst Grant is good too and i like him as a player Higgins is MPP as well

Holz

assuming both remain fit, who would you want in your team come round 16. for me i would be happy with higgins but i would want to upgrade grant

Windigo

I say Higgins. And I also say that Higgins would be keeper all season...Barring any bloody injuries.  :o

valkorum

Quote from: Windigo on March 15, 2011, 05:04:12 PM
I say Higgins. And I also say that Higgins would be keeper all season...Barring any bloody injuries.  :o

As long as they fix the surface at Etihad he should be ok :P

GoldDigger

Half way in the season - How's those predictions gang?