Need help PLEASE!

Started by JR23, April 04, 2011, 08:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR23

only 2nd year doing DT, need some help please.

Backs: Nick Lower, Dyson Heppell, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Brendon Goddard, Andy Otten, Brian Lake
Subs: Josh Toy, Mike Coad, Michael Hibberd,

Mids: Dane Swan (of course), Matthew Boyd, Luke Hodge, Leigh Montagna, Daniel Harris, David Swallow
subs: Andrew Gaff, Shaun Atley, Tendai Mzungu (i didnt get the memo he was out for 1/2 the season!!)

Rucks: Aaron Sandilands, Zac Smith
subs: Jarrad Redden, Sam Jacobs (see Mzungu above -- obviously needs to go)

Fwds: Buddy Franklin, Mathew Pavlich,Andrew Krakouer, Alan Didak, Chris Knights, Paul Chapman, Dion Prestia
subs: Isaac Smith, Brandon Matera, Cam Richardson

cash laft: $43,600

I'm obviously looking to drop Sam Jacobs and bring in Cox before he shoots up, but not sure where to get the rest of the cash from. Jacobs is 290K and Cox 350K.

I was thinking either  Gaff or Montagna to either Liberatore or Curnow.  If i drop Montagna it'll put lots of money in the bank. I could even swap Mzungu to the fwd line, and trade either Didak, Krakouer, or Chappy to Curnow or Liberatore.

Opinions? Should i wait to bring in Cox and bring in Curnow AND Liberatore?

with Lake back this week i'm about to crack 2000 points, but I have a few underacheiving premiums.

thanks for the help!

Prospector_1

Gaff to Libba should get the $$$ you need for Cox. Worry about Mzungu later.

JR23

So you think it's better to bring in Cox now rather then later? And libba is the choice over curnow?

Prospector_1

That's what I'd be considering.

Flame

JR23

ok so I dropped Faulks and Jacobs and brought in Cox and Libba (shouldve gone curnow :P ) and those worked out well

now bit of a newbie DTer question... Didak has been underperforming, should i trade him out for someone else like Goodes or Dawes, or stick with him and hopefully he turns his game around?

most of my premiums are underperforming (montagna, deledio, LAKE!!!, didak) so not sure whats the right strategy, trade them for someone who is  (Suban, Dawes, Goodes)  or sit on my trades and hope they turn it around?

keep in mind i am 0-3 in my league, even tho i'm hitting good final numbers.

you can add Chappy to the premiums that have to go!

Prospector_1

Hold onto all those premiums. Watch for the right time for upgrading other players.

JR23

so once again you were right

Didak, Chappy, Pav, Deledio   all caught fire this week (of course when we're not going head to head in leagues)

ll, except Hodge.

here's what im thinking:

i trade hodge for curnow this week  (add 100k+ to the bank) and possibly Krakouer to Darling (who i think has a much bigger upside than Krakouer, and lots more money to make)

Next week i upgrade a couple non-premiums to  Sylvia and/or Enright and/or Jack Grimes

my other scenario is only  hodge (gonna plummet in price, really not performing at all)--> curnow this week ( i really think he might be a barlow-type keeper)

next week i drop lake (who is gonna plummet in price and who i can pick back up by a rookie upgrade) for enright or grimes
and krakouer (who i think is gonna peak soon) for sylvia