newman set to dominate?

Started by sid3bysid3, April 03, 2011, 10:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid3bysid3

with the new long kicking points system will chris newman become one of the better SC defenders???

two massive scores and he puts it on quickly (3 possies to half time friday)

i think he is set to benefit from the new rules and continue these massive scores.

thoughts??

Junktimer

what is this new rule you speak of?

C-Dogg

Newman has ALWAYS been a good supercoach scorer, no shock 2me :)

sid3bysid3

shouldnt say rule - but i've heard players who have effective long kicks are getting extra points?

newman has always been decent but normally inconsistent... im tossing up whether to jump on him or enright (bye rd will hurt me though, broughton and lower)

charliesheen

Good strategy.  yes long kicks will get extra points.

A good example is Shannon hurn in ro1.

~15 posessions and gets a SC score of 90+.  And his DT is like 50.  player with one of biggest SC/DT differences there is.

sid3bysid3

i watched newman twice now and he chips to himself and gives it a roost up the middle from every kick in - he only had 3 touches to half time and finished with 20 for a score of 134 - ridiculous!

david.5

oh wow. thanks for your help! i think ive found my replacement for cameron bruce.

Alex7089

Don't trade Bruce...
Looks great though! I was burnt by him last year though so I will wait a little longer.

meow meow

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on April 03, 2011, 10:32:06 PM
players who have effective long kicks are getting extra points?

It's always been that way. They just explained it better now. Look at the good scoring backs of recent years.

Goddard. Malceski. Drummond. Gilbee. Newman. Shaw. Gilbert

Coincidence? i think not.

RiOtChEsS

yeah exactly dont forget inspector gadget either... his DT is :-[ compared to his SC bcos he is effective and can launch it over lines...

Alex7089

Yeah reb 50 and long kicks for Fletch makes sure he is an SC prem yet DT...Nope.

sid3bysid3

Good point. Yeah drummond will be an interesting one. I think with byes this season steer clear. Don't want to be covering Jim every week