Main Menu

Wi-Fi?

Started by PowerMan, April 06, 2011, 05:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerMan

I went out and bought an ipod touch a few weeks ago and I downloaded the DT & SC apps for AFL, which is great for when I'm in and around the house and watching the footy at home, but they don't work when I'm out at say the footy,

this is my question for those who might now.

I've got a Motorola Quench smart phone, If I was to enable my wi-fi setting on my phone, would my ipod apps (eg DT & SC apps) work as they'd connect to the phone wi-fi settings, or does the phone act in the same way as the ipod?

korza

@ Powerman

Go to the Microsoft website, i think Bill Gates has his home phone number on it. Ring him, he is a great guy, and i am sure he will help with your enquiry.
Hope i have helped.

KORZA

MissPiesFF

Quote from: korza on April 06, 2011, 05:25:02 PM
@ Powerman

Go to the Microsoft website, i think Bill Gates has his home phone number on it. Ring him, he is a great guy, and i am sure he will help with your enquiry.
Hope i have helped.

KORZA

LOL Good on ya KORZA.

You will not be able to connect your ipod to the phones wi-fi as the phone needs to establish a wi-fi connection from a different source. What you can do however is just DL the apps to your phone and use that at the footy. Telstra and Optus both work welll at any staduim.  Motorola hmm is your phone unlocked or are stuck with Virgin or Vodafone? If it is not unlocked, pay the $20 and have it unlocked and switch to Telstra as a best bet as the Bigpond site is unmetered.

Hope this helps somewhat. Here is a link that may help you also.

https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45289/~/quench---set-up-and-troubleshoot-wi-fi

roo boys!

I am going to get the SC app but I need a few dollars, and for that I need to re-enter all the credit card details etc etc again as it's not valid anymore so I haven't got round to it yet.

PowerMan

Quote from: MissPiesFF on April 06, 2011, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: korza on April 06, 2011, 05:25:02 PM
@ Powerman

Hope i have helped.

KORZA

LOL Good on ya KORZA.

You will not be able to connect your ipod to the phones wi-fi as the phone needs to establish a wi-fi connection from a different source. What you can do however is just DL the apps to your phone and use that at the footy. Telstra and Optus both work welll at any staduim.  Motorola hmm is your phone unlocked or are stuck with Virgin or Vodafone? If it is not unlocked, pay the $20 and have it unlocked and switch to Telstra as a best bet as the Bigpond site is unmetered.

Hope this helps somewhat. Here is a link that may help you also.

https://motorola-global-en-aus.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45289/~/quench---set-up-and-troubleshoot-wi-fi

thanks

MissPiesFF

You're welcome  :)