Sitting Down

Started by ajjewell, March 31, 2011, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajjewell

If Jobe Watson had been succesful and there was a sit down protest at the start of the essendon vs bulldogs match, would there have been any ramifications for us fantasy football coaches?
Does anyone know how close this was to actually happening?
Does anyone think there is any chance of this happening again this year?

supercoach addict

Apparently very close to happening but Boyd didn;t want to do it. Not sure how it would effect fanatasy footy, obviously no scores for that game, they might as well scrap the entire SC round if it happened otherwise people with bulldogs or essendon players would be at a huge disadvantage.

sid3bysid3

it would never have happened... jobe will just be making out they were 'that close' to doing it so the AFL takes them seriously.

but hypertherically - it would have counted IMO

LouMo

If there was a sit down, what would the AFL have done? I don't see Andrew Dimitriou being bullied into changing rules. Actually, I can see him standing his ground on principle! Surely there would be some kind of legal contract that all teams sign agreeing to play at certain times/venues, and a sit down would result in the teams being fined or something????

CrowsFan

Wait why was there going to be a sit down??

tferrier18

Jobe Watson wanted everyone in the ess v. dogs game to sit down when the ball was bounced to protest against the new interchange rules.

As much as I hate the new interchange rule, this was a shocking idea and if they had have gone through with it, Jobe Watson (and everyone who took part in it, for that matter) would have been absolutely disgraced. Everyone at the game, and most likely in the footy community, would have been disgusted.

Sheehan wrote a decent article about it today, saying there would have been massive repercussions. Jobe would have been considered as bringing the game into disrepute and a bunch of other implications.

Needless to say, I'm very glad that Boyd disagreed to it and it never happened.

CrowsFan

Wow what an awful idea! And I used to think that Watson was a good captain.
Teams need to just accept what rule changes have taken place and get on with it in my mind

supercoach addict

He's still a good captain. We all know the sub rule is complete BS at least he actually had the balls to try and do something about it.

redfield

If that had happened then I don't think it would have affected SC scores.

I think the interesting question is, if they had sat down for the entire match, would everyone have scored 75 (or 3300/42... 78-79 or so, accounting for subs) or 0?

ajjewell

You would think that everyone would've scored 0 but where would that have left the round would it be scrapped or just bad luck for the people who had players from said teams

Samm79

QuotePosted by: redfield

If that had happened then I don't think it would have affected SC scores.

I think the interesting question is, if they had sat down for the entire match, would everyone have scored 75 (or 3300/42... 78-79 or so, accounting for subs) or 0?

A player could have farted and got the full 3300!!

nathan11

i don't think they were going to sit for the entire match, just at the first bounce so their protest was registered, then they would have played as normal.