Puopolo <HAWKS> and other rookies, have some patience?

Started by fpr, April 01, 2011, 01:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fpr

hey guys,

just wondering what your thoughts are on cheapies like Puopolo, I Smith and Derickx.

Sadly, I have them on the bench and they have given me a donut last week and this week arnt named so will be another donut.

Should I be patient with them and just leave him there or should i use a trade and get a rookie that will make me some $$, like Toy? etc.

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

I'm no guru, but I would make the call when those players you are looking at have at least played two games and been named to play for the third, and you think they have good JS. That way you know you are going to get something for them, and gives you a trade down later if Puopolo say, gets a gig mid year... that's my opinion anyway..

cortez

How about you put players in that are named round 1 then you wouldn't have had this problem.

yorgis

if you are going to trade 'em at least wait till they make you some cash, they will play eventually and who kows, they may be better cash cows, bad enough doing a sideways trade for guns let alone rooks. surely you should have cover for a while. i you desperately need to trade ,at least hang on till b4 rnd 3 and see which rooks look like having a bid price rise [ they are the ones who should have good js

fpr

sadly i had to make the call before the teams were announced and there was no way around that because of other commitments thats why i am stuck with some that didnt start.

i have enough cover to hold them up while i stick with them if it is the best thing to do, i was just interested if i would be better off if i get a cash cow rather than someone that is sitting there doing nothing obviously

i realise that trades are very valuable so its probably just better to hold onto them

Blueboys

Quote from: cortez on April 01, 2011, 01:21:30 PM
How about you put players in that are named round 1 then you wouldn't have had this problem.

x1

Sharker18

Quote from: Blueboys on April 01, 2011, 01:40:56 PM

x1

Multiplying something by 1 doesn't change anything, you should either plus 1 or multiply by 2 (this will have the same effect)....

eg. 1 x 1 = 1, 1 + 1 = 2 & 1 x 2 = 2...hope this clears things up....

nas

Quote from: Sharker18 on April 01, 2011, 02:36:16 PM

x1

Multiplying something by 1 doesn't change anything, you should either plus 1 or multiply by 2 (this will have the same effect)....

Like it

scotty_222

Blueboys

Quote from: Sharker18 on April 01, 2011, 02:36:16 PM

x1

Get a life!!!! Hope that clears things up!  :P

Samm79

Quote from: Blueboys on Today at 01:40:56 PM
Quote from: cortez on Today at 01:21:30 PM

x1

X2  ;D

redfield

Relton Roberts and James Podsiadly beg to differ.

nathan11

Quote from: redfield on April 01, 2011, 03:11:01 PM

Relton Roberts and James Podsiadly beg to differ.

so does pedersen

fpr

x1

read?

ill say again -

sadly i had to make the call before the teams were announced and there was no way around that because of other commitments thats why i am stuck with some that didnt start.