Main Menu

PUSHED

Started by duffman, March 30, 2011, 03:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

duffman

hi guys coming off footy for a bit whats your thoughts on ricky ponting ,after world cup he seemed pretty confident on remaining as capt ,do you think he may of been pushed ? ???

Boomz

Yes... I think he was hoping they would win the cup and he could go out on his own terms but I'd say it's very likely he was pushed...

CrowsFan

Well he claims he wasn't, but then again he probably was.
I hope he remains in the side for the time being. I think he deserves to be there

ossie85

I hope he was. Ricky Ponting is my favourite cricketer ever, but if they were honestly going to keep him after 3 Ashes loses, disappointing tour of India and a very average World Cup.... well, what's a Captain got to do to get fired.

I reckon he was pushed, and I think he might not play another test.

duffman

people say he looked like he may stand down as captain because of his behaviour during the world cup,all i saw was a captain out of form (except quarter final),even after loss to india he,s still made his intentions clear on being capt ,big turnaround ???

BratPack

Pushed or not it was still his time to go.

But just in case anyone doesn't know. Michael Clarke. Still a knob.

Alex7089

Yes, I think he was pushed. Harsh call that he will never play another test, I believe if they leave somebody as good as him out when he wants to play......Well.

j959

yep, time to go but he is unfortunately the scape goat for the shower that the national selectors gave him - they live on another planet called 'so far up our a**es we don't have touch with reality'.

when you have chairman Andrew Hilditch saying after the Ashes, "I thought we did a good job" ... someone need to slap him with a reality check quick smart.

the problem now is that the public really don't like Michael Clarke (who is a knob, we pretty much all agree) but maybe he'll be ok as the captain???!   :o

Jukes

Aussie cricket going further down the drain, looks like us English will win the Ashes for the next few series.

Clarke or hussey should be captain imo

ajjewell

Watson should've been the next aussie captain proved of late he is tough as nails and is happy to get in the face of the oppositon and play with a bit of mongrel something clarke has no interest in doing!

ossie85

I love Watson, but it is too much for him to bat, bowl and captain. Kinda like how Gilchrist would have been a great captain if not for his workload