JOEL SELWOOD ROUND 2 <<<------

Started by NOWAY, March 28, 2011, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Joel Selwood play - State your reasons below

YES
NO

Spite

It won't be as stupid as people are saying to get rid of him. Trade him to someone, for me, will be pendlebury. From this I gain an immediate 1.5k. (Yeah, huge) Wait until prices fluctuate and get him back in, he will drop around 50-70k depending on his next scores. You have two weeks to get him because of his bye, so you can save up and buy him back for your team at a much less cost.
Say instead you kept him, and had to fork out an extra 40k on pendleburys starting price as he might (and should rise) rise. He will be a very expensive player and I might need to wait extra long to get him in my team.
That trade costs you a trade, but you gain around 100k, which is close to what you want from a trade. Many people have done worse and this will guarantee a better score, and a solid midfield of Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Pendlebury and soon to be selwood. Possibly the top 5 scoring mids this year.

Think about the gary ablett for dane swan and getting gary back which happened last season. That move was genius for those who did it, although its not exactly the same and is still risky.

If you are going for a league win, 100% keep him, but if you dont want to fall behind in the overall ranks, could think about what I said above.

elephants

interesting concept. it will mean some trade burning early but it may really come off.

Hoggy

do you really want to trade him out and then back in, especially when geelong have the bye in the finals? Interesting point though

NOWAY

Yeh i didnt realise that geelong had a bye in the finals. for that reason, there is probably not much point trading him out then back in, and over the season he would definitely earn his way back up to 455k 

Spite

I'm only going for overall so I don't care about league finals. I will only have 3 players of geelong in my team MAX by their final bye, so I should be fine. (And only 1 per position)

Bluke

The only way that would be viable is if Selwood was sub this week or missed this week and was sub next week which is unlikely.

To many variables to consider IMO.

Could be worth it for a league win but i'm more inclined to think he will play, will get ~100 drop bottom out at around 350k (at the most) providing anyone who doesnt have him a ripe chance to jump on board. To be honest I dont see any of my cows being mature enough in order to capitalise on that and 100k isnt worth three trades.

Trade One: Selwood -> Bartel/Pendles/Mitchel
Trade Two: Premature Cow 1 -> Cow X (Curnow?) to free up coin.
Trade Three: Premature Cow 2 -> Selwood.

Of course all that can be avoided if you have 50k - 100k in the bank and you swap Selwood from someone cheaper like Swallow/Mitchell

NOWAY

yeh Bluke, thats all very true, but i guess we'll just have to wait until the teams come out on thursday night

Holz

Quote from: elephants on March 28, 2011, 08:46:34 PM
hopefully (unlikely) he comes on as a sub. then he will get a crap score (20) then i can lock him in for the year :)

that would be a dream come true, he would go down to about 350k and i will be able to downgrade Anthony to him.

Ziplock

straight swap for cotchin or ward :P

dale93

NOWAY

hes still a possibility but not definite. the injury list comes out tonight

essendon2

just said on the news that he will play.

NOWAY

YES,such good news.  now lets just hope that he wont be a sub or even subbed.
he will pull out 200 im guessing