Lock in the cripples

Started by bigbudyboy, November 18, 2009, 05:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbudyboy

It seems everyone is hopping onto the J. Hunt, R. Ladson bandwagon, and at this early stage.. so am I.

However there are 2 more names i'd like to pop up..
T. Kenelly and B. waters... both would be priced under 200k and are both proven scorers.  Age is against one, injury is against both..

I know i will be keenly watching these two players pre-season.  B. waters looks especially cut up, T. kenelly should be fit after his time off in ireland...

What do you guys think?

ronl

Very keen on Kennelly at this time, especially if he puts in a solid pre-season.
He'll get heaps of game time with good players around him and has proven himself as having what it takes.  Definate chance.

Hawks_1976

Have to say that Ladson, Kennelly and Waters all look enticing.
A backline with all 3 allows for a fairly premium look in other areas.

hibbo

Wouldn't go near Kennelly! His past averages suggest that he isn't suited to the DT game - better for SC. He now has competition for the ball with Shaw and Mattner + he's only going to be older.

I think I heard somewhere that Waters aint' going to be ready for anywhere near Rd1 (don't qoute me) - if true then best to forget him, otherwise he does have potential.

EDIT: Looks like I was wrong about Waters being not ready for Rd1

MiGZ

Waters is training the house down fellas, he's in the top running group at the moment at west coast which is something he's never done. Woosh said he will start contact work after christmas and thats his only test because of that elbow, if he gets through that he'll be in my team come round 1.

Hawks_1976

Yep, I heard that Waters and Dalziell are having the best preseasons at West Coast to date.

Only realised now that this was a DT thread. Was thinking Kennelly for SC only; averaged 85 in 20 games in 2008.

bigbudyboy

Yeah Kennelly possibly better for sc, but could be a nice little money earner in DT.... will obviously have to wait for his pre-season form to become apparent.

I too have been hearing rave reviews from waters (admit, haven't heard much from dalziell).  But waters, and laddo will have a good pre-season barring another catastrophe.  Anyone know any info about josh hunt so far?