BEAT THIS!

Started by will1990, March 23, 2011, 10:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

will1990

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Wood, Laidler (Toy, Hibberd, Duigan)

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Jack, D.Swallow, Gaff, Heppell (Mzungu, Bewick, Wallis)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, Cordy)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, Higgins, Hurley, Yarran, Krakouer (Prestia, Matera, Smith)

Remaining Budget: $33,200

Would be greatly appreciated if you could rate, be critical and im happy to rate your teams.

JackBeQuick

Could be a little worrying with Broughton and Grimes and then injury history over the past 2-3 years.
Wood and Laidler are interesting cheapies. There was a bit of talk around about Wood before the preseason but haven't really heard much about him lately. His NAB scores were too impressive were they? Laidler could be good, named as starting on the wing for the game tomorrow.
No Lower?

I like Jack as a premium. Not sure if I would have him as my 3rd though. Not sure on how high Gaff's DT output will be. Why do you still have Mzungu? Downgrade target mid-year. Wallis is behind Liberatore at the WB.

Ryder is going to be missing the final round, if you are intent on winning your league you will need to save a trade to get him out.

Like someone going with Sylvia. Think he is in for a big year. Everyone is saying that he misses too many games. He missed 6 (I think) last year. 3 or 4 of these were right at the start after he had a mandibular fracture during the preseason. He came in and played 2 100+ games. He then went on to have a few sub 70 games.
I think Hurley or Yarran are good picks, but not sure about having both. Smith's job security will be quite low. Also question marks over scoring ability.

Good luck mate, hope this gives you some things to think about!

will1990

Cheers for the insight.

Well with the Broughton/Grimes dillema, i want to keep broughton but im willing to part with grimes, do you have any potential replacements for him at around his price? Maybe downgrade Grimes to Lower and upgrade Gaff to a gun with that money?

I'm pretty much waiting on the teams with the Wallis/Liba dillema, both will be good IMO, i went to the doggies preseason games bar the fremantle trip and they are both looking sharp.

I will definitely try to keep 1 trade for the final round to trade out Ryder, big year for him i think.

I had Sylvia last season an although he had his injury he is an absolute GUN and youre right about him smashing it this year.

The only reason i went with both Hurley and Yarran is becuase i think both will have a big role at their clubs this year, Hurley being that prospect forward Essendon have been wanting for so long and Yarran being given this HBF role couldnt resist it.

What you think of downgrading grimes and upgrading gaff?

will1990

CHANGES IN BOLD

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Lower, Wood, Laidler (Toy, Hibberd, Duigan)

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Jack, D.Swallow, Judd, Heppell (Liberatore, Bewick, Irons)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Ryder (Smith, Cordy)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Sylvia, N.Riewoldt, Higgins, Hurley, Yarran, Krakouer (Prestia, Matera, McKernan)

Remaining Budget: $14,900

JackBeQuick

Quote from: will1990 on March 23, 2011, 11:25:31 PM
What you think of downgrading grimes and upgrading gaff?
I'm not sure. It's a massive downgrade. I think Grimes is worth picking as a defender and if injury free looks set for a massive year. As Warnie so eloquently puts it, he is a slut. Really racks up the touches on the HBF. Personally, I would hang on to him.
I like the 3 gun midfield, I've gone with it too. I was pretty keen on Gaff early on but he was a bit quiet in the NAB games. I think he was named in the extended side on Fox.
If you are pretty keen to keep Hurley and Yarran, you could look at downgrading the backline risks in Laidler and Wood to rookies (e.g. Lower/Stanley/Otten/Coad/McKernan/Batchelor) to upgrade Gaff. If you are keen to keep one of those as well, maybe look at a value pick like Foley, possibly Brodie Martin(ADE).

schezza

nice side like it alot as im only new to D/T just not 100% who to pick haha.

how come every1 get silvia???

will1990

The way i need to look at is it what will be the better scoring option... Judd/Lower or Grimes/Gaff... IMO it is very similar however the Grimes/Gaff has better security... whats the wraps on Lower, why is he being rated so highly?