Main Menu

Goodesy

Started by cortez, March 28, 2011, 11:55:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Coach

Goodes had a very frustrating game. 55 sc points in first quarter and ended up with 63 for the game... 8 points in 3 quarters, what a joke. Goodes is far better then that but its not the first time its happened. And also just to state broadly, I have noticed that often a player will have like 50 points at quarter time and then only add 5-10 in the second quarter, I dont understand this and have doubt over the way points are allocated... thoughts?

valkorum

Goodes will come good - keep the faith.  If you cant keep the faith then trade away.

Perthwildcat

He killed it in the first half.  Goodes is human and was beaten to most contests in the second half.  His opponent had a second half blinder and won a lot of contested footy.  I wouldn't worry. 

Marstar

Quote from: Head Coach on March 28, 2011, 06:48:32 PM
Goodes had a very frustrating game. 55 sc points in first quarter and ended up with 63 for the game... 8 points in 3 quarters, what a joke. Goodes is far better then that but its not the first time its happened. And also just to state broadly, I have noticed that often a player will have like 50 points at quarter time and then only add 5-10 in the second quarter, I dont understand this and have doubt over the way points are allocated... thoughts?

This is my opinion and observation :

This is because the there are 2 zero's wearing the red bib, inflating all the higher scorers. As the sub's get introduced and start scoring points also, the SC scores for Q2 and Q3 become normailised.

Fletch74

Quote from: Marstar on March 29, 2011, 02:16:30 PM
Quote from: Head Coach on March 28, 2011, 06:48:32 PM

This is my opinion and observation :

This is because the there are 2 zero's wearing the red bib, inflating all the higher scorers. As the sub's get introduced and start scoring points also, the SC scores for Q2 and Q3 become normailised.

Interesting Marstar. Well put, hadn't thought of that.

Usman

i can assure you they dont just make up the numbers at Champion data and points are allocated for players influence on the game. each game is allocated 3300 points and are all treated equally. if Goodes smashes it in the 1st and doesnt go so well in the 2nd and there are other players around him that have a real impact on the game then goodes impact is lessened, therefore his scoring will not be as heavy. in a close game you will usually find that going into the last quarter there are loads of SC points still to be had this is because there are ponts ready for a really influential player or players who win the game for thier team. Look at Swans score this week sure he had good numbers but he won the game for collingwood when the game was there to be won in the first half. when Port came back who was it that hardly ever touched the ball? Swan and when he started up again collingwood smashed them. as much as i hate swan when he gets the ball they tend to score and this is obviously considered influential. being involved in scoring chains, winning the 50-50 contests, score assits, inside 50's are all rewarded highly by champion data because they are influential parts of play. Marstar has probably hit it on the head there ^^^^ in the first quater there is only 42 players to split the points with not 44.

j959

Quote from: CrowsFan on March 28, 2011, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: valkorum on March 28, 2011, 12:07:46 PM
Quote from: cortez on March 28, 2011, 11:55:50 AM
What to do with him only 3 touches in second half. Needs to be in midfield? Think I'm gonna give him one more week!

Why give him 1 more week - just trade him now.
Haha oh valk I love your suggestions! :)
i hope none of the rookies look at his coach status and then follow his shower-stirring suggestions!!  ;)

j959

Quote from: valkorum on March 28, 2011, 06:50:46 PM
Goodes will come good - keep the faith.  If you cant keep the faith then trade away.
cos then they would miss out on his sage advice as above ...   ;D

bottlemart

I cant believe some of these posts that people start.  WTF.  Wanting to jump off a premium after one week, cos he scores 63.  He is fully fit, and will score well this year, just like he has every other year so far.  Stop putting up these ridiculous posts, asking if you should trade a keeper after one match.  It's just wasting my time reading this, when i could be reading something worthwhile.

Keep him.

sid3bysid3

Goodes had 55 points at quarter time - i think that stat is enough for you to realise that coupled with his SC history and his preseason he is a keeper.

He'll average 100 this year - dont trade based on 3 quarters of football (which longmire will learn from)

yorgis

longmire knows everything about how to play goodes, he was ass. coach to roosey for long enough

ladasp

Quote from: bottlemart on March 29, 2011, 09:19:45 PM
I cant believe some of these posts that people start.  WTF.  Wanting to jump off a premium after one week, cos he scores 63.  He is fully fit, and will score well this year, just like he has every other year so far.  Stop putting up these ridiculous posts, asking if you should trade a keeper after one match.  It's just wasting my time reading this, when i could be reading something worthwhile.

Keep him.
true    trade trade trade. what is it with the panic i reckon let the fools trade! and hear em scream later that they got none left, 22 wasnt enough 24 wont be enough

JoeMontana

Trade on a Monday, even a Sunday night, then you get the player you trade for before everyone else, and that player will listen to your advice first before he listens to any other Supercoachers advice.    ;)

yorgis

yeah, right JoeMontana, hope everyone does trade , better for us that have faith