Main Menu

Hawkins can't play

Started by Milton, March 28, 2011, 04:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milton

.. and I'm not talking about Jennifer

I know that players can go through bad patches but IMHO this guy just cannot play league football and has to go straight back to the VFL and perform well there before getting another senior game ... and unless he finds another gear I wouldn't be surprised to see him unloaded at the end of the year

ossie85

I like the saying that is you're small you have 7 seconds to prove you can play, but if you're big you have 7 years to prove you can't play.

Look at Mark Jamar, Leigh Brown and James Podsiadly as prime examples. Around for years without really doing anything, and BAM we get an All-Aus and two players crucial for team structure.

Geelong will perservere, though I don't disagree that VFL may help him.

Milton

You may be right ossie but he looks more like a ballet dancer to me !

supercoach addict

Yeah Hawkins is a massive dud. Needs to kick 40+ goals this year or dump him.

bunyip

He just doesn't get enough of the ball does he. His second efforts are great, and he's a good kick. With his experience, he should be a KPP by now.

Milton

I always reckon you can tell the strength of a side by it's weakest links and ours would have to be Tom at the moment .. guys like Shannon Byrnes, Tom Lonergen etc also show that we have to pick up a bit of slack at the bottom end