Main Menu

Waiting For The New Season To Start

Started by bunyip, October 24, 2010, 11:04:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunyip

I agree Milton. It was all anyone wanted to talk about last year.Gablett should have resigned as soon as he knew he didn't want to play for the cats next year.
I still like the look of our list though. We'll give it a red hot go next season.

bunyip

I see we've recruited Troy Selwood. He won't be playing senior footy till 2012. He'll be 27 by then. Till then he's playing reserves and has some kind of coaching roll. At least he'll be younger than most of our other players :(

Justin Bieber

I thinks he's a good depth player. Has his brother there which is a bonus for him if they want him to lift his game.

Think he has good leadership qualities and his courage towards the game is pretty awesome.

bunyip

I agree, his courage cannot be questioned. It will be interesting to see what they have in mind for him.

Justin Bieber

I think it's a little too late for him to get into the first team straight away. But won't say never after Pods got a gig and stayed.

I think they brought him in as a younger sort of mentor. He'll be around for another good 5 seasons which lets him lead the second stringers in the VFL side.

bunyip

I agree, he would be a fantastic role model for our recruits.

ossie85

Quote from: bunyip on November 04, 2010, 08:49:39 PM
I see we've recruited Troy Selwood. He won't be playing senior footy till 2012. He'll be 27 by then. Till then he's playing reserves and has some kind of coaching roll. At least he'll be younger than most of our other players :(

That's an interesting development. No chance of picking him up as a mature age rookie?

bunyip

It said in the paper that if he gets his body right he will go onto the senior list. He will play all of next season in the VFL and see how he pulls up.
I don't think they expect anyone to draft him.

bunyip

Just 2 weeks to go.Carlton in a practice match this week in which we field a full strength side. Hopefully the Blues do the same, and a weeks rest and then the Saints.
At least we'll know early what sort of season we have in front of us. St.kilda are so similar to Geelong in some respects.
Will the Blues run us off our legs?
Are we still good enough to match it with the top teams?
I know a lot of people want Geelong to crash, and you don't really know until the middle of the season if you are a contender.
I think this season is going to be a huge challenge for our players, as some of them are reaching their use by. Pride can put wings on your feet, and some of them will be playing for one more chance at glory.
I am both apprehensive and excited.
Go Cats.

Milton

Quote from: bunyip on March 11, 2011, 09:27:24 PM
I am both apprehensive and excited.
Go Cats.

I'm both excited and even more excited

Two big pluses from the Carlton game, Stevie Jay in the midfield and Mitch Brown up forward .. when we get Pods back, he and young Brown are going to be our mainstays up forward this year .. now that's exciting !!

bunyip

Definately is Milton. If Mitch can fill the gap it will be fantastic to have a new face up forward.
And another thing thats gone unnoticed, Otto got through the pre-season uninjured, thats exciting.