Two defensive players have no idea who to pick.

Started by billy1000, February 27, 2011, 01:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy1000

I need to pick two defensive players i already have.

Gibbs, Delidio, Grimes, Otten, Stanley, Toy, Puopolo, Hibberd.

I hav Goddard and Heppel in the midfield.

I need and want two premium defenders i have 1.2 million dollars to spend so i cn pick whoever i want.

Please i need some advice, i just cant decide.

Thanks

dmac07

Talisman

Cam Bruce (Hawks) & Greg Brougton (Freo) would be my first 2 under those criteria, and I reckon the 2 next best to consider would be Enright (Cats) & Duffield (Freo). All high quality players - can't go wrong.

billy1000

I have thought about Broughton.

I originally had Gilbee an Hurn. Im abit unsure on Gilbee because of consistency. Hurn relies on qualit over quantity. He doesnt get his points like Abblet or Goddard who have a mountain of possessions, Hurn will only have 15-20 possies but will score 100 points. If he has an off day or gets a little shut down could massively cut hs scores.

Hope this makes sense

Talisman

So that sounds like you're now thinking Brougton & ??? Is that abour right?
What are your thoughts on Cam Bruce - a gun midfielder, who is now playing for a gun team, & will most likely get the freedom to roam around the halfback line, picking off stray opposition kicks/foward thrusts, & use his exuisite disposal to push the Hawks forward to likes of Franklin, Roughy, Hale, etc.
And don't discount Duffman, he is a gun, think he just had a down year last year with Barlow exploding onto the scene - with him out injured/still recovering from #'ed leg early on, Duffield could dominate with Mundy in the middle. (obviously though, with byes, I wouldn't be picking Broughton & Duffield in the same team, even though Freo's byes are really good/in non-league rounds, you don't want to mess up your overall score if you don't have to!)
Hope that helps a little.

yt

keep an eye on lake and see how he recovers from his injuries, they say he will still play 2 practice games before R1 and by the look of things could be fairly unique choice for start of the year

MightyLions

Heath shaw? Just needs to keep his consistency up and he's a jet!