Marc Murphy or Scott Pendlebury?

Started by timmy17, February 27, 2011, 12:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you pick as your 3rd midfielder?

Marc Murphy
9 (64.3%)
Scott Pendlebury
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1

timmy17

Who will have a better year? I believe that Pendlebury will have a good year and probably average around 115+  but he will be one of the highest picked players so I thought I would pick up a unique like Murphy. Murphy has averaged 112 in his last 2 years but hasn't really stepped up to have a stand out year yet, will this year be the year?

dmac07

Pendlebury, better player, better team.

ando_10

Quote from: dmac07 on February 27, 2011, 01:11:21 PM
one eyed much lol
murphy will score better i think this year the only problem is murphy will miss a sc final cuz of the bye

bkimm32

I have both, can't go wrong with either really.

Both young, both have massive scope for improvement and both teams should play well this year.

Should both roughly average around the same.

dmac07

Quote from: ando_10 on February 27, 2011, 01:29:48 PM
Quote from: dmac07 on February 27, 2011, 01:11:21 PM
one eyed much lol
murphy will score better i think this year the only problem is murphy will miss a sc final cuz of the bye

Yes one eyed, but still think im right, not by much. Magpies better team this year than carlton, even non pies supported would agree im sure. And pendlebury slightly better player imo, not much in it, both guns. both will score 110-120, i just think pendlebury closer to 120, murphy closer to 110

Talisman

Yep, sorry guys, have to agree with dmac here - even if he is a Pies fan!  ;) Collingwood def the better team (that's a no brainer), and really pendles does appear to be a (v.slightly) better player than murphy. Thats not to say murphy's nota damn good player - cos he is - just that imo pendlebury is a little better (don't forget i'm just talking supercoach here people & who I think can ave more ppg).
As bkimm said, can't go too far wrong with either, but the thing that pushes pendles over the edge for me is that murphy has the bye in the finals (prelim final) - therefore a pretty easy decision, as wants to have a prem on their bench or be burning a sideways trade at prelim final time??

ando_10

well theres only one way to solve this. take em both

DrZeius

murphy is a better more consistent player not that pendlebury isnt but i would pick murphy over pendles and because some people have swan