1st Year Player! Team seems good - would love some feedback

Started by kampf, February 22, 2011, 03:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kampf

/wave to ya'll here at FanFooty.

I've been going through post upon post of others teams, looking at their feedback then re-assessing my team. Here is what I've come up with thus far:

BACKS:
B.Goddard / C. Enright / B. Deledio / J. Grimes / J. Adcock / A. Otten / D. Heppell (J. Toy / N. Duigan / P. Puopolo)

MIDS:
D.Swan / M. Boyd / J. Bartel / C. Sylvia / D. Swallow / D. Harris (J. Polec / M. Hibberd / T. Mzungu)

RUCKS:
A. Sandilands / D. Cox (D. Hale / T. Derickx)

FWDS:
P. Chapman / L. Franklin / N. Riewoldt / D. Zaharakis / D. Petrie / A. Krakouer / D. Prestia (C. Richardson / B. Matera / I. Callinan)

Cash Left $43,700

j959

hi kampf, think you'll do better in your 1st yr than i did in mine ...  ;)

no real issues apart from the bottom 4 in the fwd line - all individually ok but altogether might be difficult to manage - be good if you could make 1 of the bottom 4 a premium but not sure where you'd get the extra money from.

one suggestion could be to swap Sylvia into your fwd line (you'd still have MPP link with Mzungu) and replace him with a bargain rookie and have Polec/Mzungu or even Hibberd on the field for you (though that is a bit risky i s'pose).

good luck!

canty

Good team mate....
although not convinced on enright as he will get forward tag MORE often then not.
and definitely not convinced on adcock.

Look at broughton and maybe even malcheski

Warrior5771

Hey,
I reckon you have a really good team for your first year. I think you have a bit too much money in your ruck but you seem to have a good team anyway and you have lots of good rookies.  8)

kampf

Yeah I'm still not convinced with Enright. Was looking at maybe Duffield instead - supposedly his going to be pushing more mid this year... Or maybe Enright to Gibbs?

My rucks I went with Cox / Sandi so hopefully I never have to trade rucks this season. Got D. Hale to Cover Petrie whose in my FWD (seeing as though his missing rd 1).

I'm not really convinced on my FWD line...

Botak

Yeah your forward line has probs...

Petrie was under an injury cloud and I think he's looking at a suspension too... I'd look to juggle your forward line a bit. Havnig said that the rest of your team looks very strong indeed. Duffield is indeed a good pick for Enright, especially if you don't feel like shelling out for Broughton.

Hoggy

Great team for your first year. Everything looks fine, just your forward line that needs a bit of juggling. I'd look at maybe trying to get Sylvia in the fwds instead oh zaharakis, possibly downgrading enright to broughton/duffield and then using the extra cash to get another premium in your mids.

not a bad effort though!

SydneyRox

nicely done, much better than my first ever attempt!

My only comment - Hale is too much to have sitting on the bench, you would be better to pick Smith from GC and use the money elsewhere IMO

kampf

Regarding Hale being too much to sit on bench - his there to cover Petrie when/if he doesn't play; and downgrade when he makes some $ then upgrade somewhere else. I doubt Smith will play all that much : Please correct me if I'm totally wrong. But then the use of the extra cash to upgrade somewhere else right now is also a good option!

Regarding Zaharakis - I'm not totally convinced of keeping him either, still have to see what else he can show in NAB cup.

I'm having my doubts about keeping Krakouer - will he get game time? Will it be in the mid? Or will he get stuck playing a role like Dangerfield?