My First Draft for 2011 (Criticism welcomed) - UPDATED

Started by Botak, October 14, 2010, 01:24:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Botak

NB: For visibility's sake the real edit is in a fresh post below... this OP is from October last year...

Well, I've never been a serious DT contender (I usually bow out QF's or Semi's in most years, and playing for Toyota's/Cash isn't much of an objective...)

Having said that even I can see the Forward Line needs another Premium, and I can also see that I've spent a LOT on my bench; Almost certainly too much, but we'll just have to see how the draft and NAB changes things... it's October after all :)

Backs: Otten, Houli, Bock, Goddard, Kelly, Broughton, Jacobs (Mzungu, Toy, Iles)
Mids: Swan, A Krakouer, Martin, Chapman, S Hill, L Anthony (Swallow, Wallis, Bennell)
Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly (Smith, Day)
Fwds: Roo, Sidebottom, Veszpremi, Petterd, Waite, Fyfe, Gray (McKernan, Matera, Daw)

$46k in the kitty... really trying to avoid stocking up on Suns players, but it's tough :)

valkorum

The big thing I can see is having Swallow on the bench and Hill playing.  I would put Swallow on the field and downgrade Hill to another Rookie.  Then use the extra cash to upgrade your fwd line.

benjy251090

I like the idea Valk, especially for DT

Also Botak, both benchies in your ruck being from GC is not the safest idea, change Day or Smith to Daw and then change Fyfe or Waite up front to Petrie, will leave you with more cash and gives you MPP cover for your rucks

valkorum

Hill is a great player but he doesnt rack up a lot of touches.  Although - being a Freo supporter I would love for him to have 30 damaging touches instead of just 20 damaging touches. I think DT fans would love that too  ;D

If you were going to choose a Freo mid then Palmer may be an option and Barlow is definitely worth a look at.

benjy251090

Yeah, I know what you mean, I am semi considering him in SC but not DT

Barlow is not a starter this year IMO if he starts killing it again he is an upgrade option

valkorum

Rumours coming out of Perth at the moment is that he will be ready for Round 1.  At this stage it is not looking likely he will get a run in the NAB Cup.

benjy251090

What I mean is that it might take a few rounds to get back to the pace he set, so he will go down in price a fair bit

8-6 Suited

Barlow will be a round 8-12 option for upgrade for me once I know for sure he is set and seemingly fit. Wont go for him early though.

Btw, Benjy, accept your challenge on FTP. :p

valkorum

It's possible.  Apparently the doc's are telling him to slow down as he is trying to do too much already.  The kid has a fantastic work ethic.

dale93

browny_wce

Yeh getting Swallow n Bennell of ur mid bench is probly ur first move as u can't have 170k sitting there not earning points. Dustin Martin is a super player n will probably keep on improving but be wary of the 2nd year blues that most kids have, eg. Daniel Rich. Just don't see many 100s coming from the kid which means he wont go up in price a hell of a lot

Botak

Ok guys, with the onset of the NAB, the first draft has been amended and slotted into my leagues... no doubt subject to further change as I need to man up and choose between Bennell and Swallow...

I'm also aware there's a bit of "Me too" here, but hopefully there's at least a little different about it - mostly from the original squad posted in my OP... needed to make some other changes too as the additional squad was made using Fanplanner and not actual DT (so different pricing and positions).

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, T Hunt, M Coad (Puopolo, Faulks, Hibberd - replaced Toy after I heard he copped a potential injury in a NAB game)
Mids: Swan, A Krakouer, L Anthony, Chapman, Mzungu, Bennell (Swallow, Wallis, Heppell)
Rucks: Sandilands, Jolly (Z Smith, Derickx)
Fwds: Roo, Gia, Veszpremi, ROK, Watts, J Anthony, Waite (Gamble, Day, Prestia)

Further harsh critique is more than welcome.... $15,000 in the kitteh