FWD's v DEF's?

Started by Crow, February 07, 2011, 04:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Not sure this year on where the value is between fwds and defenders.

I have loaded up fwd and in mdfield and feel i might be a litte thin down back but do have some cash to spend.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Otten, Heppell, Coad, Duigan
(Toy, Puopolo, Lower)
M: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Selwood, Anthony, Swallow
(Harris, Atley, Smith)
R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Smith, Campbell)
F: Chappy, Buddy, Sylvia, Riewoldt, JB, Krakour, Callinan
(Mzungu, Richardson, Tapscott)

$137k left.

However this doesnt upgrade me to any better defenders out there?
AFL projected score for round 1 is 1550. I think it will be closer to 2000. Im looking for 2200, where can i improve?

Boomz

Quote from: Crow on February 07, 2011, 04:29:57 PM
Not sure this year on where the value is between fwds and defenders.

I have loaded up fwd and in mdfield and feel i might be a litte thin down back but do have some cash to spend.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Otten, Heppell, Coad, Duigan
(Toy, Puopolo, Lower)
M: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Selwood, Anthony, Swallow
(Harris, Atley, Smith)
R: Sandilands, Petrie
(Smith, Campbell)
F: Chappy, Buddy, Sylvia, Riewoldt, JB, Krakour, Callinan
(Mzungu, Richardson, Tapscott)

$137k left.

However this doesnt upgrade me to any better defenders out there?
AFL projected score for round 1 is 1550. I think it will be closer to 2000. Im looking for 2200, where can i improve?

Too strong in the mids & too weak down back imo... Downgrade one of ur 4 premium mids too Gaff or another rookie around that price and fix ur backline with the extra cash... 1 or 2 rookies is fine down back but 3 is pushing it.

Crow

Valid.

I want to squeeze Jack Grimes in and that is the way to do so.
Now to ponder over which mid will decrease in value enough to collect in the latter rounds?

Zarts

swan is certainly going to decrease, I really doubt he'll maintain his current value. However, he's still probs gonna stay the most expensive player in the competition, so upgrading to him will be difficult, + you really do not want to be missing out on him... when he's on fire, swan is really on fire.

I would personally downgrade selwood, I reckon he'll probs drop his average + cop a tag.

LF

plus selwood seems to have very slow starts to the season and usually has a massive price drop.

nostradamus

hi crow u left ur team on my thread for me to rate......

have given you some feedback there....

.....while ur there can u give me some feedback on my team ....http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,24975.30.html