Travis Varcoe...2011

Started by henry2, September 17, 2010, 11:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiOtChEsS

i dont think varcoe will get a different role it just opens the door for the likes of menzel mitch duncan etc

brodman_18

j959

Varcoe update from article about Lingy doing his hammy ...

Ling cooks hamstring
source afl.com.au website - dated 30 Jan 2011 (partial quote only)

The outlook is brighter for teammate Travis Varcoe who is training strongly and on track for round one.

It is believed Varcoe, who suffered a shoulder injury that required surgery during Australia's International Rules tour of Ireland, has signed a new long-term contract with the Cats.

Varcoe, who was selected with pick 15 in the 2005 national draft, has kicked 82 goals in 76 games in the navy and white hoops. He was a member of the Cats 2009 premiership team and took giant strides in 2010.

Once a fringe player, Varcoe's position in the team is now critical as he is one of the younger Geelong on-ballers who will be expected to fill the huge void in the midfield created by Gary Ablett's absence.

Apart from Varcoe and Ling, the Cats are said to be in good shape and many of their older players have shed weight.

Full article at: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/107098/default.aspx

* Pls nb i have x-posted this article in Varcoe & Lingy's threads in Players & Trades in SC too and in the Varcoe topic in the Geelong team thread in the AFL board

dylsta05

never liked varcoe and most likley never will so no way he will be in my side.

elephants

wow harsh dylstaa, where did this sudden dislike come from??